Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
Got my a$$ handed to me by a $50.00 snow blower while my shovel sat watching, mocking, from the corner of the garage.

I can't get this figured out. When I hit the primer button, there's no gas going where ever it needs to go to prime the thing that needs to be primed to start the blower. The tube doesn't seem to be blocked... Hm, knee pads? I would try that, but I'm not sure where I would put them on the blower. :eek:

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Got my a$$ handed to me by a $50.00 snow blower while my shovel sat watching, mocking, from the corner of the garage.

I can't get this figured out. When I hit the primer button, there's no gas going where ever it needs to go to prime the thing that needs to be primed to start the blower. The tube doesn't seem to be blocked... Hm, knee pads? I would try that, but I'm not sure where I would put them on the blower. :eek:
Prime it your self, take the air cleaner cover off and squirt a couple tablespoons of gas in there, then giver a pull.... What make and model snow blower is it?

avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief
Couple squirts of starting fluid.
Oh yea, ether will work .... just be careful. I did use quick start to fix my leaking sbowblower tire a month ago, worked like a charm and it leaks less air now ... probably due to the rubber melting. :)

Lots of links on google for fixing primer issues. I normally press my about 9 times (depends on when I used it last) before I hear the gas flow then stop and it's a one pull start from there.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I don't like starting fluid, ever since I blew the intake gaskets on one of my plow trucks years ago, I gave it a 4 count while spinning it over, turned out it wasn't starting because the distributor turned and it was out of time, Boom.... And a new engine was needed...

real nice adam, take something as wholesome as fixing a carb issue and make it sound dirty....

avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief
On a sad note, my craftsman garage door opener died yesterday after 30+ years of service. Of course the good news is I got a new one with multiple remotes (much smaller than the old one), keyless entry, separate light activation and likely cheaper than the original due to the sale price. On the bad side, I have to install it in freezing temps but I hope I can just do a switch-a-roo on the drive unit itself without having to put the new rail/chain system in.

I'll probably fix the old one (looks like an internal gear issue) if it's easy and keep it for backup, well providing I can just switch them out.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Proving once again that your stalker-fu is stronger than mine, mostly due to your outstanding memory or perhaps copious notes. :D I posted that four years ago.

I can still cling to my victory of finding Forest Man before you did, but I can wallow in my shame of not remembering his last name. You probably have it tacked to your wall. :p
I've got your parents birth dates memorized. :eek: :D j/k

I can't remember his last name either. I can't even remember why I wanted to talk to him. It had something to do with him being an EE. I loved that he told mikec to get a job ... lol ... and then got banned. :D Duh ...

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
Got the snow blower put back to together and Bob's your uncle. Everything seems fine now. Not real what i did but it's working.

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
Learned a new word(s) today. Humblebrag.

I did something and my wife said, "I bet you're dying to humblebrag that". I had no idea what she just said to me, so I nodded and smiled. Had I known, I wouldn't have nodded and smiled.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Anyone renting the Breaking Bad series from Netflix? (Great series by the way)
We're up to season 3 and I've notice people complaining that part of season 5 DVDs aren't available.
My wife checked Amazon, looking to buy Season 5. It's also incomplete there.
Anyone experience this?

avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief
Well I was very surpised with the new garage door opener, after about 30 years it appears very little has changed (mechanical wise), woohoo!
The new one uses the same chain, rail bolt hole pattern and ceiling mounting points ... that saved lots of time and it works like a charm.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Wow ... fixed a garage door opener in January in Winnipeg. That's quite a feat. I'm thinking about maybe going out for breakfast. My major accomplishment so far has been to remove 4 Herb Alpert records from my collection ... and only keep one. Wait, that one with the girl ... I'll keep that too. Actually that's not even something I'm doing. It's something I'm planning to do. I got big plans.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis