C'mon NaO, One More Note

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
that's gonna look good! pictures please when you get them done

gab
That might the awhile at my current pace, but I can at least post some pictures of the baffles when I get them. I'm also still figuring out what I want to use for the side panels and the woofer box as well.

G

gab

Audiophyte
fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
One of my favorites is Cocobolo. Like this: Sold: Salk SoundScape 10s In High Gloss Mexican Cocobolo

don't know how that would look with zebrawood. Here is an interesting approach with the zebrawood: Greg's SoundScape 8's in dyed zebrawood

gab
Cocobolo is very nice and I'd like to use it eventually, but I think it'll end up being too red for the Zebrawood. I probably won't go that dark/grey with the stain, but I've seen those before and thought they looked cool.

A friend of mine, who picked up the machined baffles for me, sent me some pictures of them and the solid Zebrawood looks terrific. Once I put the roudovers on it, sand it, and figure out what stain I'm using, they should look pretty darn good (I hope).

I've been rolling the idea of solid Bamboo side panels around, but I need to see the baffles in person before I'll know if that will work or not.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
A friend of mine, who picked up the machined baffles for me, sent me some pictures of them and the solid Zebrawood looks terrific.
So you have pictures that you're not posting.
What happened to you, man? :confused:

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
So you have pictures that you're not posting.
What happened to you, man? :confused:
Oh fine, maybe one. The lumber is still pretty raw, no sanding or anything was done it it and I still need to put some round overs on it.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Bamboo Ply. Expensive, but currently what I'm thinking of mating with the Zebra wood baffles.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Alex2507 said:
I met that John K. dude!
Tell him you know me to not have it affect the price one bit. :D
Sweet! He seems like a really nice guy, in my limited interaction with him. I wouldn't say that. I'm sure if I mentioned you he'd double or maybe even triple the price :eek:

Don't sell yourself short :D
Well, he also mentioned it was the worst blind date he ever had.:D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Holy ish! Has it really been a year already since your last update?! :eek: I just can't believe it, as I can still clearly remember when you started this thread. Geesh, time flies.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Holy ish! Has it really been a year already since your last update?! :eek: I just can't believe it, as I can still clearly remember when you started this thread. Geesh, time flies.
You're telling me. Talk about a long term project :eek:

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Stripes Earned ... :D

3 1/2 years ... tisk tisk
I'm like 4 moves since starting these.......at least. I'm not sure where anything is and I definitely definitely have no idea where the build plans are or the miniDSP files are lol.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis