Audioholics Adds New Muscle: Hires Bestselling Fitness Author Hugo Rivera to Head Up Marketing

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
We are proud to apply Hugo's vast knowledge and expertise in internet marketing into the Audioholics business model. Having a passionate and dedicated expert handle online advertising and marketing efforts will allow us to better focus on our content delivery, including offering Audioholics premium content via a membership service, which is scheduled to launch by the end of Q1, 2014.

Discuss "Audioholics Adds New Muscle: Hires Bestselling Fitness Author Hugo Rivera to Head Up Marketing" here.

Read the announcement.

Last edited by a moderator:
ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Maybe you should fix that link before you start charging for content :D

What will the paid membership get a member?

R

ReUpRo

Full Audioholic
Come on Gene, that is a poorly disguised attempt at having a celebrity gym buddy :p.

Look forward to the changes and improvements suggested by Hugo and adopted by AH.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
So does Hugo use his muscle's when he's selling advertizing, then you're customers are in a big sh#¤#, they have to buy are they'll be in trouble :cool:

I am looking forward to what the next step up for AH will be ...... as far as I know Gene is extremely knowledgeable and with an eagle eye and a proper level of attention to detail, (I know this coz I been doing some stuff for Gene) Gene, you're almost as fuzzy as my wife, but only.... almost.... :D
My wife's the champion :p

This has made AH my favorite audio website.

It will be interesting to see what the value proposition will be, anyways I'm ready to pay as long as it doesn't cost an arm and a leg :p

N

Nestor

Senior Audioholic
With paid premium content coming, Hugo might make a good candidate to head the Accounts Receivable Dept.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Maybe you should fix that link before you start charging for content :D

What will the paid membership get a member?
Fixed.

We will be offering premium 5-10 page E-booklets on topics like: How To, Shopping Guide, etc, etc. This is really great stuff we've been working on now for almost 3 months. Paid membership will get you ALL of our E-books + the ability to instantly PDF any normal content on the Audioholics.com website.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Fixed.

We will be offering premium 5-10 page E-booklets on topics like: How To, Shopping Guide, etc, etc. This is really great stuff we've been working on now for almost 3 months. Paid membership will get you ALL of our E-books + the ability to instantly PDF any normal content on the Audioholics.com website.

Very cool, can we get a star next to our name too? Maybe a little muscley star

Seriously though, positive changes can only be that. Positive.. so you will do good, I am familiar with Hugo's work and I can tell you first hand that most "body builders" are well disciplined hard workers... Good luck and congrats Hugo..

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Come on Gene, that is a poorly disguised attempt at having a celebrity gym buddy :p.

Look forward to the changes and improvements suggested by Hugo and adopted by AH.
There is a lot of synergy between us back since our college days. I'm really excited that things have aligned in such a way that we can be working together again. I'm even more excited by the notion of having more available time to start writing again.

itschris

itschris

I like the idea of a membership area. I think I suggested this a long time ago... so I suspect I'll be getting some kind of bonus of some sorts.

Seriously though, with the amount of information that's here, it's certainly worth it. I have no issue supporting the places that support me. I think unique member content and identification are cool ideas.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Fixed.

I hope it's more to it than this? Others may have a differing view than me on this topic but I believe that a simple 5 - 10 page how-to is not really providing so much value, at least not to me.... unless it's accompanied by material that gives you a profound understanding of the technical aspect of the subject at hand, I don't see how a brief guide is going to do it for me, at least.

I hope I misunderstand the goal with the premium content or that at least it's more to it than that......

You could always rather spend money on books to educate yourselves on the topic at hand.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I hope it's more to it than this? Others may have a differing view than me on this topic but I believe that a simple 5 - 10 page how-to is not really providing so much value, at least not to me.... unless it's accompanied by material that gives you a profound understanding of the technical aspect of the subject at hand, I don't see how a brief guide is going to do it for me, at least.

I hope I misunderstand the goal with the premium content or that at least it's more to it than that......

You could always rather spend money on books to educate yourselves on the topic at hand.
Yes don't judge until you download. Our guides are VERY educational. Nobody wants to read 4-500 page books. Ebooks on specific topics are far more appealing for people researching.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord

I am with you, but I got the feeling that this content is not for AH "Pros" like you and I but it would geared toward the common folk - at least this is how I perceive Gene's intentions

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I am with you, but I got the feeling that this content is not for AH "Pros" like you and I but it would geared toward the common folk - at least this is how I perceive Gene's intentions
I hope Gene doesn't take the easy way out, if he can write as educational as late John Dunlavy did, then I'm certainly in.....
Well, I'm open minded and willing to give it a try, but I will be quick go out if they don't deliver the goods ;)

I'd be very keen to see good articles on transmission line loudspeakers....

Nobody wants to read 4-500 page books.
I like to read 500 page books :p

maybe that's why the US is gooing to he#¤#, hard work is the only way, and if you don't want to study you won't get anywhere

Last edited:
itschris

itschris

If it's setup like some other boards, the membership area will have some discussion areas just for the members with a wider latitude of subjects and free-er speech... maybe some discounts... stuff like that. I'm keeping an open mind until it's launched.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
If it's setup like some other boards, the membership area will have some discussion areas just for the members with a wider latitude of subjects and free-er speech... maybe some discounts... stuff like that. I'm keeping an open mind until it's launched.
Now that, more than the ebooks, barring more technical ones like transmission lines etc, sounds more appealing to me.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I hope Gene doesn't take the easy way out, if he can write as educational as late John Dunlavy did, then I'm certainly in.....
Well, I'm open minded and willing to give it a try, but I will be quick go out if they don't deliver the goods ;)

I'd be very keen to see good articles on transmission line loudspeakers....

I like to read 500 page books :p

maybe that's why the US is gooing to he#¤#, hard work is the only way, and if you don't want to study you won't get anywhere
The first 10 Ebooks are geared towards the beginner, intermediate AV Enthusiast. We will specialize as this grows. The potential is unlimited. 60% of our traffic from Google is new readers and we will be focusing primarily on that audience during the initial launch.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Within the IT sector, where I work, we do have a range of different architecture professions, it be technical architect, solution architect, integration architect, enterprise architect, depending on where you fit within the organization or a project you may have one or more of these roles….

Some of these guys are strongly coupled to vendors like Microsoft, Oracle, Fiorino, Software AG, Tibco or others, but where the genuine value comes in is when the architectural profession is made really vendor independent so we can go in and provide services where the customer’s goals and needs are prioritized and received main focus, we can only do that when we have no firm connections to any of these companies.

As I see it… This is professions that are just 100% non-existent within the audio industry at all. All kinds of so called architects or whatever you call them, have an agenda in a way that they want to sell you speakers, room treatments, room correction systems or whatever the heck the product is, so when these experts have “their own” products to provide resolution to your issues, part of the credibility is getting lost if you ask me. They're not there to really help you but to sell their stuff :D

The architectural business area that’s not covered within the consumer audio industry as I see it, and maybe here lies an opportunity for Audioholics, not to provide the services but to provide really high value architectural advice so that consumers may do the best choices. You cannot do this fully Gene as you will have to visit each and every member repeatedly to do such a thing fully…… but here’s a need that is not covered.
(Probably this is not the case in the pro audi area, though.....)

This requires an incredibly amount of hard work, and there's no easy way out here.......

Any thoughts gentlemen :cool:

Last edited:
haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
The first 10 Ebooks are geared towards the beginner, intermediate AV Enthusiast. We will specialize as this grows. The potential is unlimited. 60% of our traffic from Google is new readers and we will be focusing primarily on that audience during the initial launch.
So quantity... rather than quality Gene?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Bingo, SEO and Content optimization are the king and queen of monetization .... nttawwt

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
So quantity... rather than quality Gene?
Are you kidding me? The ebooks we are writing are very high quality. Our HDTV guide for example really explains what to look for in a Display and our Loudspeaker Buying Guide is full of excellent advice. We have put forth enormous efforts into this project and its a unique service NOT currently being offered by any other AV Magazine.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis