B

beam3

Junior Audioholic
Hi all, this may be a stupid question but I'm not sure I know the answer. I have a question regarding the zone 1 & zone 2 on receivers. Now I haven't picked one up yet but I'm 99% sure I'm going to pick up the Denon 2106. So my question is, can I run both zones, all 9.1 channels (7.1 + zone 2) at the same time, playing the same source?

B

beam3

Junior Audioholic
markw said:
It only has seven amps, not nine.
Ah, thanks for the quick reply Mark. So either either 5.1 + zone2 or 7.1 and no zone2. Are there any receivers that have 9 amps so I could run my application?

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
Yes, but they're expensive. You could pick up a separate amp to power the 2nd zone. An AudioSource amp may be an appropiate choice.

J

JonBaker99

Audioholic
Any amplifier that does 9 channels of audio (7.1 with powered Zone 2) is going to be insanely priced like the denon 5805 ($6k). The previous poster is right. Buy the 2106 (Great receiver) and get a seperate two channel amplifier. Audiosource amps aren't bad at all and fairly inexpensive. The Behringers would also work and are reasonable price. What I've done in the past is if you have a 2 channel stereo receiver use that and hook iup the Zone 2 Outputs on the 2106 to an input on the older receiver. Instant Zone 2 Amp.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis