G

gtche

Audioholic Intern
So I just installed some speakers in my kitchen so we can listen to the TV while we are in the kitchen. I finally figured out the digital/analogue issue, but now there is a significant time delay between my kitchen speakers and my main system in the adjacent living room. Zone 2 is maybe half a second ahead of the living room. Is there a way to adjust the delay for Zone 2?

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Unfortunately this is normal. You have to remember with this system you are using a digital signal to your receiver which is doing the D/A conversion to your main speakers while the signal in zone two is analog when it gets to the receiver and therefore does not need the D/A conversion and has no delay.

The easiest solution would be to use the analog connection in the main zone while you are going to be using the speakers in your kitchen as well.

Another alternative would be to connect the kitchen speakers as a surround rear speaker as in a 7.1 setup but then use all channel stereo as the listening mode.

This is not an Onkyo issue and I have seen this on all receivers that are limited to analog only connections for their multizone configurations.

A

audiofox

Full Audioholic
I used to notice this phenomenon when we still had a TV that used the analog channels from our cable connection-that TV would be "ahead" of the one in the adjacent room connected to the digital box, which was a problem when watching sports events-the touchdown always occurred on the "analog" TV first! :)

avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief
Is your zone 2 getting audio from an analog source?

Steve

G

gtche

Audioholic Intern
The easiest solution would be to use the analog connection in the main zone while you are going to be using the speakers in your kitchen as well.

Another alternative would be to connect the kitchen speakers as a surround rear speaker as in a 7.1 setup but then use all channel stereo as the listening mode.
I currently have it hooked up as a 7.1 and all channel stereo. It is slightly more complicated but it works. I will have to be carefull when watching a movie to turn off the rear surrounds.

Using the analogue for the main room is an interesting option and may work. I will have to take a look at the receiver and see if there is an easy way to switch to the analogue source for the cable. Going into the receiver menu and changing settings is not something I want my wife doing nor will she want to.

Thanks

avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief
Yes, I cannot send a digital source to my zone 2.
Does your receiver have a "party mode" that directs the main input source to the main and all zone outputs at once?

Steve

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis