Zaph 5.2 In-Wall Build

ma7rix13

ma7rix13

Junior Audioholic
So, I had been trying to convince the wifey for several years to do in-wall speakers and she was not having it. Finally, with a baby on the way she didn't want the "danger" of the speakers falling on the wee one and finally gave me the go ahead to do the in-wall speakers and wiring for the TV. I instantly ran and got a hammer and put a hole in the wall so she couldn't change her mind...

I didn't have that great of a before picture but imagine several wires just handing down from the mantel and large black front speakers the left and right of the firplace. Not very wife acceptable.

In the wall up to the TV is a CAT5, power, 2 HDMI, Video, and speaker cable for the center channel.

The speaker design is Zaph's new family of designs from Madisound @ Zaph|Audio ZA5.2 TM 2-Way, Pair: Madisound Speaker Store and Zaph|Audio - ZA5 Speaker Designs with ZA14W08 woofer and Vifa DQ25SC16-04 tweeter

Enjoy :)

jinjuku

jinjuku

If my center channel build on the same is any indication he is going to be an extremely happy camper.

ma7rix13

ma7rix13

Junior Audioholic
It sounds great of course. I expected to be missing some low mid-range due to it being an in-wall install. So, it is fine for a low-spl family room environment and will handle what I can throw at it when the wife is away. So I am def happy (and more so, the wife is too).

annunaki

annunaki

Very nice looking in-wall build. Interesting approach you took there. Glad it paid off well for you.

ma7rix13

ma7rix13

Junior Audioholic
Very nice looking in-wall build. Interesting approach you took there. Glad it paid off well for you.
Thanks Annunaki. Feel free to offer some constructive criticism. I didn't go crazy on the design concept since it is my "low-end" home theater.

mattsk8

mattsk8

Full Audioholic
Glad you're happy w/ the sound!! I think my next build will be the Zaph 5.3c for a pair of fronts and a center (per GranteedEV's recommendation), and the in wall Zaph 5.2 that you built for my rears. Nice job on the install/build BTW!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis