YPAO not detecting my surround speakers - Bluetooth issue?

T

tonyvd

Audiophyte
I am running into a problem with my RX-A3080 not detecting my surround speakers when using YPAO. During pre-check I hear the pink noise coming out of all speakers, including the left and right surround, but when it continues to the measurement phase it removes the surround speakers. The surround speakers are are connected using a wireless Bluetooth transmitter receiver pair, which appears to work very well when I use it to drive my front speakers. Could the Bluetooth connection introduce a delay that is unacceptable for the YPAO pre-check?

T

tonyvd

Audiophyte
I forgot to mention this important detail: the Bluetooth receiver/transmitter pair is Aventree Oasis Plus, which has the "low latency" version of aptX, so the delay should be relatively small ...

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I'd just use an SPL meter a enter the distances manually. I've heard of this happening before with subwoofers that have wireless modules.

Also what speakers?

T

tonyvd

Audiophyte
Can an SPL meter measure the distance? I haven’t used one before.

The surround speakers are Definitive Technology BP10.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord

Yes, use Sound Pressure Level meter to measure the distance from to the speaker and use a measuring tape to check the speaker's level.
/s

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.

The post lost the 'nd' in 'and'- you need to use the RTA and enter the distances manually.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What distances do you enter? Do you allow for some inherent delay in the BT gear?

T

tonyvd

Audiophyte
Correcting for a BT delay by increasing the distance sounds it could work as long as the delay is really small. Sound moves at 343 meters per second, so a 10 msec delay would move the speaker back by 3.4 meters, a 100 msec delay would move it by 34 meters.

Maybe I am better of finding a good wi-fi solution. Does anybody have a recommendation?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Any wireless method will have some delay built in due the additional processing. Wired would be best but aesthetically may not work for you.....then again the slight difference may not bother you at all. I've used "wireless" subs (with built in RF receivers) but not speakers so no recommendations.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis