Your opinions thoughts on Portable CD Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
TapeMaster

TapeMaster

Audioholic
Hi everybody NOT The Boom boxes but the small ones you can carry with headphones attached. Just picked up a Jwin so far it's been good.

P

pooklio

Audiophyte
portable cd players are outdated, no? with mp3 players you don't have to worry about switching cd's, cd skipping, and you have a lot more space. plus they're small and can fit in your pocket. since you can rip cd's into mp3's you don't have to buy mp3's of songs you already own.

is there any reason why you prefer a cd player over an mp3 player?

TapeMaster

TapeMaster

Audioholic
Downloading takes a really long time my computer is so slow & I listen to original music that is NOT Remastered.

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
Ripping from CD to other digital formats isn't remastering.

I haven't used a portable CD player in ages, in fact I wouldn't even know where the last one I had (a fairly nice Panasonic) is. I'm more than happy with MP3s at good quality and a decent player & headphones/IEMs. Is it going to match my system at home? No but it doesn't need to and I can't really complain in spite of the fact there are better formats than MP3. If I used FLAC I wouldn't be able to fit as much of my collection anyway.

TapeMaster

TapeMaster

Audioholic
No I know what your saying but I mean't like when people download their music off the internet.

TapeMaster

TapeMaster

Audioholic
Well I have a fairly nice but very basic JWIN NO MP3 Capabilities or Playback.

TapeMaster

TapeMaster

Audioholic
No in fact FYE still has some for sale along with other Major Retail Stores K-Mart etc.

Last edited:
TapeMaster

TapeMaster

Audioholic
Just thought I might also wanna give everybody a HEADS UP Coby portable CD Players skip constantly I owned one bought it from the local drugstore. I am sure most of you guys on here know that GPX is NO GOOD!

digicidal

digicidal

Full Audioholic
Just thought I might also wanna give everybody a HEADS UP Coby portable CD Players skip constantly I owned one bought it from the local drugstore. I am sure most of you guys on here know that GPX is NO GOOD!
OK... I'm sure this is just for trollin' good fun - but this post actually made me laugh out loud for about 3 seconds. :)

GPX & Coby... but where is the real high-end... the AUDIOVOX! :)

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
CD players are such a mature format and so ubiquitous (thanks to PC's) that a fully capable unit can be had for little money.
Adding the ability to perform in a portable environment requires a bit more design, but, by now, companies (excepy Colby) know how to do it.
It is great that you have found what (so far) appears to be a solid unit at the low cost of the JWIN!

TapeMaster

TapeMaster

Audioholic
Does that have anything to do with what we are talking about? NO DIDN'T THINK SO SO Why MENTION IT?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Vinyl is outdated, too. You wanna take that one on?

portable cd players are outdated, no? with mp3 players you don't have to worry about switching cd's, cd skipping, and you have a lot more space. plus they're small and can fit in your pocket. since you can rip cd's into mp3's you don't have to buy mp3's of songs you already own.

is there any reason why you prefer a cd player over an mp3 player?
I guess you think the whole world sees things like you do. Fortunately, many don't. Believe it or not, there was a time before downloads ruled the world. Vinyl, tape, and CD's came before that and there's still a lot of that "junk" still out there. ...and, even ignoring the fact that used media can be a great bargain, many people still like them.

Not everyone wants to depend 100% on MP3 devices and even many that do may like having the freedom to be able to pick up a piece of plastic on the road and stick it into a device and play it immediately without going through the process of having to rip it to a computer and then downloading it to yet another device.

And, if I like some of the songs on that CD enough, I'll selectively rip and load them onto my MP3 player and still have the source CD (or vinyl) in my possession.

You're new here. You may find it to your advantage to accept that people may have different (and more) experience in this hobby than you and different opinons and that by applying your own personal beliefs to us, it might not produce the results you want or, depending on your reasons for posting here, maybe they will.

Last edited:
P

pooklio

Audiophyte
Downloading takes a really long time my computer is so slow & I listen to original music that is NOT Remastered.
lol then i recommend you get a portable record player. at least if you listen to songs before the 80s. how is a cd any different than an mp3 in this regard? they're both digital.

P

pooklio

Audiophyte
You're new here. You may find it to your advantage to accept that people may have different (and more) experience in this hobby than you and different opinons and that by applying your own personal beliefs to us, it might not produce the results you want or, depending on your reasons for posting here, maybe they will.
For heavens seake i wasnt' saying he was wrong or anythign! I asked WHY he prefered cd's over mp3's it's not like i sad he was an idito or stupdi for doing so! wtf is wrong with you?!! ALL I was saying is i didn't understand what his raitonale was for wantign a cd player si all!!! I'm worry but the saem thing goes fory ou too... i ahve a presonal belife that it's easier to have one device with all the msuci on it even if i have the origiaonl stuff on a cd somewhere in case i lost the files and with you telling me it's good that the whole world oesn't think like me is quite a hit on MY personal bleifes you hyporcite. THE THREAD IS TILED: "YOUR PERSONAL OPIONION ON PORTABLE CD PLAYER" so that's what ididd! I AGVE MY OPIONON. SO WHAT IF YOUF DOING L IKE IT IT DOESEN'T MEAN I'M FORICFNG IT ON ANYONE.

GEEZ you peole are worse than headfi.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Gotta love it...

For heavens seake i wasnt' saying he was wrong or anythign! I asked WHY he prefered cd's over mp3's it's not like i sad he was an idito or stupdi for doing so! wtf is wrong with you?!! ALL I was saying is i didn't understand what his raitonale was for wantign a cd player si all!!! I'm worry but the saem thing goes fory ou too... i ahve a presonal belife that it's easier to have one device with all the msuci on it even if i have the origiaonl stuff on a cd somewhere in case i lost the files and with you telling me it's good that the whole world oesn't think like me is quite a hit on MY personal bleifes you hyporcite. THE THREAD IS TILED: "YOUR PERSONAL OPIONION ON PORTABLE CD PLAYER" so that's what ididd! I AGVE MY OPIONON. SO WHAT IF YOUF DOING L IKE IT IT DOESEN'T MEAN I'M FORICFNG IT ON ANYONE.

GEEZ you peole are worse than headfi.
u ritez reel gud to. duz ur mommy not maek shur yu du yor hmowerk?

Last edited:
TapeMaster

TapeMaster

Audioholic
Just my opinion MP3 Players can be pointless if your computer crashes. That is why I have the CD's mine crashes a lot! Files often DO and can get Erased.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis