your opinion on klipsch rf-62 and the rb-61's

S

scottyg

Junior Audioholic
I currently have the klipsch rb-61s as my fronts and rc-52 as my center......... now I want to either upgrade my fronts to rf-62s and use the rb-61 as rears or just buy 4 rs-42s as rears............What will give me better performance ?? I am using the yammi rx-v2600
thanks

C

corey

Senior Audioholic
I'm not sure what you've got going. Your post talks about current RB-61s & an RC-52, but your sig lists RF-82s & an RC-62.

I'd look at a sub woofer upgrade before a surround upgrade.

S

scottyg

Junior Audioholic
didnt get any repsonses and decided to return my rb-61s and rc-52 for upgrades.....thanks

C

chicomoralessxm

Audioholic
Opps Well let me rephrase myself. What do you think of the rf-82's and do perceive the rf-63 to be more impressive from a sound or shall i say sonically and imaging not to mention look viewpoint???

Last edited:
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
chicomoralessxm said:
do you like the rf-82's and do arent the 63 more impressive sound and looks wise??? oh
What language is that? Yoda? :p

S

scottyg

Junior Audioholic
I am sure you can understand the post a little....I didnt know you have to spell check everything you post......anyway I didnt audition the 83s and 63s.......but the 82s blew away the 62s.....they had a much larger range of sound and a monster of a difference when listening to jazz or blues.....overall I am satisfied with the rf-82s........why does everyone bash klispch here or not respond to many of the posts ?? seems as if everyone is anti anything sold at best buy

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Let's not start that "bashing" crap, scotty.

First off, in case you had problems following your own thread, the crack about grammar was not directed at you. Didn't you get the memo?

You've been getting some valid responses on this subject. Just not on this post. The simple fact is that you keep posting essentially the same question over and over. Believe it or not, scotty, the regulars here are not stupid and that doesn't escape our notice. After a while, we tend to ignore redundant questions, or simply have fun with it.

So, quit beating a dead horse.

And, it's not an anti Klipsch or anti big box thing. It's just that people's experiences and opinions are their own and may not agree with yours. If you don't want to hear 'em, don't ask.

You asked and you got. Believe it or not, scotty, not everyone has Klipsch speakers or spends their time listening to every speaker on the market just so we can provide answers for you. We are not paid to be here. We're hobbyists. We have jobs and families outside of here. FWIW, I use Athena's in my HT system and you'll never believe who sold them.

Actually, why do other people's opinions count so much to you? Insecure in your own decision making abilities? If you like 'em, be a man, suck up, buy 'em, and see for yourself.

It's not like getting married. If you don't like 'em you simply take 'em back. It's not like you have to get a divorce.

Now, let's move on, shall we?

Last edited:
S

scottyg

Junior Audioholic
take a look for yourself, search for some posts with "best buy" or speakers sold there. Do you think some small business owners who own electronic stores post here ?????.....my guess would be yes....how about yours ?? as far as asking for advice on several different klipsch reference series speakers......isnt that our job as a consumer ?? to be educated ? Personally I will do as much research as possible....posting questions here and on other sites....calling some small audio dealers and ask how these speakers compare to other speakers they carry......as far as the grammer thing goes I know it wasnt directed at me...I just think its retarded for someone to actually post commenting on it. I am sure you had to look twice but you know what he meant...(maybe you should put a tag line under loudspearks that also reads do not be afraid to post here).....

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
scottyg said:
take a look for yourself, search for some posts with "best buy" or speakers sold there. Do you think some small business owners who own electronic stores post here ?????.....my guess would be yes....how about yours ??
Huh? I don't run an electronics store. Some here do, but I don't see them pushing their gear. What's your point? Next case.

scottyg said:
as far as asking for advice on several different klipsch reference series speakers......isnt that our job as a consumer ?? to be educated ?
OUR job? Gee, it seems you're looking at everyone else here to do your research to answer your questions for you. Wouldn't that "our" in your sentence be more apt if you changed it to "your"? You still don't seem to grasp the fact that we all don't own all products or spend all our waking hours listening to every available product just so we can provide you with specific answers to your very subjective questions.

You got some answers from those that are familiar with them. What more do you want?

scottyg said:
Personally I will do as much research as possible....posting questions here and on other sites....calling some small audio dealers and ask how these speakers compare to other speakers they carry
Good. But all the research in the world cannot compare to listening to them yourself and making a personal decision. If and when you finally get up the cojones to purchase them, you can help others when they ask about them. But, from your initial posts asking about the comparison of specs on three speakers as to which one "outperforms" the others, I tend to think you don't know as much as you would like us to believe, or as much as you think you do,either.
scottyg said:
......as far as the grammer thing goes I know it wasnt directed at me...
Oh, come now. Let's not be disingenuous. Reread your post. You internalized every word.

scottyg said:
I just think its retarded for someone to actually post commenting on it. I am sure you had to look twice but you know what he meant...
This is the real world. People are judged on their posts, not on their age, location, or other things. Being able to express oneself is an important part of the impression one makes on the internet. A teenager can post here (and many do) but the way they present themselves would not afford us a clue as to their age. But, some just act like children and get a face full of attitude when they throw temper tantrums.

Who ever "bashed" Klipsch, anyway? Not preferring them is not the same thing I hope yoou know.

By the way, "retarded" is offensive term to the mentally handicapped. Only ignorant people or children use it the context you do.

scottyg said:
(maybe you should put a tag line under loudspearks that also reads do not be afraid to post here).....
Not needed. Most people (of all ages) just jump right in and never have a problem. Maybe one that says "No whiners allowed," would be appropriate though.

Now, if you value your reputation here, just drop it and move on. There's still time.

Last edited:
S

scottyg

Junior Audioholic
Spend some time with your fam not your av equipment loser

Dear Jesus Christ of Audio,

A. You have a lot of time on your hands
B. real world ??? maybe this is your real world but I dont have time to reread everything I post.
C. obviously you are a loser who has nothing better to do than badger someone trying to learn more about "My hobby"
D. spend a little more time with your family then your audio visual equipment.......which really seems to really turn you on....your not 25 and single anymore....lol !!!
E. You are trying to say by looking at specs that thier isnt a formula that would logically explain why one is supposed....(keyword supposed) to be better ?? exactly..your wrong, you can look at specs and say this speaker is "supposed to be better" but often times is not.
F. I really dont care about my "reputation"(sorry I dont have time to post 2000 times...lol ha) ...a bunch of people who I will never meet....just looking for friendly audio advice.
G. talk about reputation...watch out guys this dude watches SMALLVILLE....WHOA..LOL
H. IF I mispelled anything...please see letter B

Last edited:
M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
scottyg said:
DearJesus Christ of Audio,
Dragging Him into it, are we? ...says a lot about, kid.

scottyg said:
Yep, I've got quite a bit of time on my hands. That's one of the benefits of being semi-retired, choosing my clients, and working out of my home.

scottyg said:
B. real world ??? maybe this is your real world but I dont have time to reread everything I post.
That's obvioius. If you did you would realize that your posts are redundant. Heck, everyone else did.
scottyg said:
C. obviosly you are a loser who has nothing better to do than badger someone trying to learn more about "My hobby"
Boy, it sure feels great being a loser! Hey, kid, I, and several others, gave you some pretty good anwers on your other posts but you didn't understand them. Heck, you couldn't (or wouldn't) even clarify a statement you made when I asked you about it.

If you will recall, I didn't start in on you until you started with that "bashing" crap. Only petulant children accuse a website of bashing if they don't get the responses they want. I guess it's distressing to find the world doesn't wevolve awound widdle scotty.
scottyg said:
D. spend a little more time with you family then your audio visual equipment, which seems to really turn you on....your not 25 and single anymore....lol !!!
Well, you got me there. Since the three boys and five grandchildren are all in Texas and I'm stuck here in Joisey, that time is somewhat limited, but we do travel out there several times a year. That's another benefit of my answer to your statement A. We'll be there for the new year, though. Thanks for your concern here.
scottyg said:
E. You are trying to say by looking at specs that thier isnt a formula that would logically explain why one is supposed....(keyword supposed) to be better ?? exactly your wrong you can look at specs and say this speaker is "supposed to be better" but are often not
you really don't see the contradiction in what you just said, do you?
scottyg said:
F. I really dont care about my "reputation"(sorry I dont have time to post 2000 times...lol ha) here....a bunch of people who I will never meet, just looking for friendly advice.
You don't solicit "freindly advice" by accusing your "friends" of bashing something without any basis in fact.
scottyg said:
G. talk about reputation...watch out guys this dude watches SMALLVILLE....LOL"
Yep. Do you find that childish? I've got not ashamed of it. Ever seen it in HDTV? For me, it's one of life's little escapist pleasures. Most people know me here and know that I watch it, and now, thanks to our ongoing dialog and you pointing that out, they now know you as well.

One thing that age, experience and wisdom grants you is to know when to simply accept some others criticisms of my simple pleasures as a sign of their insecurities, not mine.

While Smallville is my one hour indulgence, you obsess about badgering others for their opinions and trying to figure out how something sounds by reading specs instead of listening. Some day you might realize the folly in that, but I don't think it'll be any time soon.

Oh, I have no problems disabusing the occasional petulant child of the ways of the world on occasion. It gives me a chance to exercise my sardonic writing skills and, just maybe, they learn something. ...but I gave up on that here. Now, you're just target practice.

scottyg said:
G. IF I mispelled anything...please see letter B
That's nice to hear. I do see that the angrier you get, the more your grammar and spelling slips to a childish level.

By the way, I think this post alone defined you. good job. kid.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
scottyg said:
Dear Jesus Christ of Audio,

C. obviously you are a loser who has nothing better to do than badger someone trying to learn more about "My hobby"
D. spend a little more time with your family then your audio visual equipment.......which really seems to really turn you on....your not 25 and single anymore....lol !!!
E. You are trying to say by looking at specs that thier isnt a formula that would logically explain why one is supposed....(keyword supposed) to be better ?? exactly..your wrong, you can look at specs and say this speaker is "supposed to be better" but often times is not.
F. I really dont care about my "reputation"(sorry I dont have time to post 2000 times...lol ha) ...a bunch of people who I will never meet....just looking for friendly audio advice.
G. talk about reputation...watch out guys this dude watches SMALLVILLE....WHOA..LOL
H. IF I mispelled anything...please see letter B

Lex? Is that you?

S

scottyg

Junior Audioholic
Well if everybody is a SMALLVILLE/DC FAN why didnt anyone post to this on 10/20.....Any Smallville/DC Comics fans here? Exactly !!!! I think this tv show defines you.......a bit fruity!!! Have fun with smallville and try and not to get to excited and let one of those green arrows go directly up your rear end, but for you that might be an "escapist pleasure"......."escapist pleasures" thats the G@YIST sh*t Ive ever heard from a male...............please dont get to excited when you watch it in HD.....you dont want to have to clean the screen..lol. WOW this is all coming together now.....you live in texas right ?? YOU MUST BE A HUGE FAN OF BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN AS WELL ?? Hmmmm smallville and brokeback mountain.......hmmm fishy ?? You must have watched it for the cinematography.....hahaha

SMALLVILLE HAHAHAHAHAH !!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS ??

Last edited:
M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Hmmmmm.

Do I detect a touch of homophobia creeping into your personna? How junior high of you. Well, I must say I can't ever recall the posts on this forum sinking to this level of name calling. I guess you're doing the limbo rock.

Congratulations, kid. This might be a first. Enjoy it while you can. :D

Last edited:
S

scottyg

Junior Audioholic
The Jesus Christ of Audio

Thank you I have been saved by the jesus christ of audio !!!

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
LOL, he's banned, but online.

What a loser. Thank you to the Mod/Admin who banned him.

Mark, class act dealing with him.

SheepStar

C

chicomoralessxm

Audioholic
chicomoralessxm said:
Opps Well let me rephrase myself. What do you think of the rf-82's and do perceive the rf-63 to be more impressive from a sound or shall i say sonically and imaging not to mention look viewpoint???
is that an improvement???

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Don't sweat it, Chico.

chicomoralessxm said:
is that an improvement???
We're not snobs and appreciate that, to many people, english isn't their first language and we're pretty understanding about that. Some of the guys were just having some good-natured fun with ya. I hope you realized that.

Unfortunately, this other guy just had a bug up his butt and decided to use that as an excuse ro dump on this forum.

Where in the Carribbean are you? I've been to a few of the islands myself but there's many, many more I have yet to visit.

And, yes, I think I understand what you're trying to say.

C

chicomoralessxm

Audioholic
De nada. I live around different islands Dutch antilles and others.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis