2) Far Cry 2
3) Fallout 3
4) Gears of War 2
5) Resident Evil 5
6) Spore

C

Cthulhu

Audioholic Intern
The worst part about there first is list is that there is one (1) new game in there and the majority is sequels. Not a comment Minusthebears taste or anything, just a comment on the movification of the games industry.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
The worst part about there first is list is that there is one (1) new game in there and the majority is sequels. Not a comment Minusthebears taste or anything, just a comment on the movification of the games industry.

This is the list I took this from that will be featured at E3

Resident Evil 5
Resistance 2
Saints Row 2
Soulcalibur IV
Spore
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
The Sims 3
Lego Batman
Tomb Raider Underworld
Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning
MotorStorm: Pacific Rift
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
Madden NFL 09
LittleBigPlanet
Killzone 2
Gears of War 2
Far Cry 2
Fallout 3
Fable 2
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3

The only non sequels there are LittleBigPlanet, Lego Batman, Spore and Warhammer Online. LittleBigPlanet, Killzone 2 and Resistance 2 is PS3 execlusive, Warhammer is PC exclusive, Fable 2 and Gears of War 2 are xbox 360 exclusive. My preferences are first person shooters and RPG's so I have no problems with the games that I chose and I think they will be good quality games. I am really looking forward to Fable 2.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
My most anticipated of 2008 is still Little Big Planet. RE5 looks OK. I saw the Resistance teaser and it looks OK so far too. Tomb Raider: Underworld looks good, but may not be a "must have". Motorstorm2 is up in the air, as I wasn't impressed with the trailer.

Others I am interested in: Project: Origin (FEAR 2), Prince of Persia, Tekken 6.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
My most anticipated of 2008 is still Little Big Planet. RE5 looks OK. I saw the Resistance teaser and it looks OK so far too. Tomb Raider: Underworld looks good, but may not be a "must have". Motorstorm2 is up in the air, as I wasn't impressed with the trailer.

Others I am interested in: Project: Origin (FEAR 2), Prince of Persia, Tekken 6.
For me, the resident evil games have just gotten better and better, IMO resident evil 4 was fantastic and the best in the series. I hoping it will live up to 4. Little Big Planet might be the game that everyone will rave about after E3 is over. It has been recieved well already. I am also a fan of the Prince of Persia series, but i am not sure if the game is coming out in 2008 or 2009.

C

Cthulhu

Audioholic Intern
The only non sequels there are LittleBigPlanet, Lego Batman, Spore and Warhammer Online. LittleBigPlanet, Killzone 2 and Resistance 2 is PS3 execlusive, Warhammer is PC exclusive, Fable 2 and Gears of War 2 are xbox 360 exclusive. My preferences are first person shooters and RPG's so I have no problems with the games that I chose and I think they will be good quality games. I am really looking forward to Fable 2.
It's especially funny when you considered that lego batman is a 'sequel' in the sense that it is a rehash of the lego starwars games, so that leaves what. 3? out of 20? 15%? Nice work guys.

Matt34

Matt34

I can't get on any of the gaming sites to verify but are Dawn of War 2 and StarCraft 2 going to be at E3?

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
It's especially funny when you considered that lego batman is a 'sequel' in the sense that it is a rehash of the lego starwars games, so that leaves what. 3? out of 20? 15%? Nice work guys.
I understand your point, but what is your logic? Are you saying if there is a sequel to a game that it will be crap? So what do you suggest that Nintendo stop making Mario and Zelda games, Microsoft to stop making Halo sequels and Sony to quit on the God of War series:confused::confused:. I guess I would have been better off if I have never played Mario Bros 3 and the Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time:rolleyes:.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
This is gamerankings top ten rated games of all time.

1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time N64 97.613%
2. Grand Theft Auto IV PS3 Rockstar Games 57 7.9 97.427%
3. Super Mario Galaxy WII Nintendo 71 8.9 97.346%
4. Grand Theft Auto IV X360 Rockstar Games 71 8.4 97.202%
5. The Orange Box PC EA Games 31 9.6 96.306%
6. The Orange Box X360 EA Games 56 9.1 96.300%
7. Metroid Prime GC Nintendo 91 8.8 96.264%
8. Soul Calibur DC Namco 27 8.8 96.259%
9. Super Mario 64 N64 Nintendo 21 9.2 95.905%
10. Tekken 3 PS Namco 23 8.1 95.804%

How many games here are sequels........:p::p::p

C

Cthulhu

Audioholic Intern
This is gamerankings top ten rated games of all time.

1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time N64 97.613%
2. Grand Theft Auto IV PS3 Rockstar Games 57 7.9 97.427%
3. Super Mario Galaxy WII Nintendo 71 8.9 97.346%
4. Grand Theft Auto IV X360 Rockstar Games 71 8.4 97.202%
5. The Orange Box PC EA Games 31 9.6 96.306%
6. The Orange Box X360 EA Games 56 9.1 96.300%
7. Metroid Prime GC Nintendo 91 8.8 96.264%
8. Soul Calibur DC Namco 27 8.8 96.259%
9. Super Mario 64 N64 Nintendo 21 9.2 95.905%
10. Tekken 3 PS Namco 23 8.1 95.804%

How many games here are sequels........:p::p::p
Actually, I'm pretty much saying that they should stop making zelda games because they one thing universally in common: They suck. Well, at least recently. Actually its not even like they suck. Its more like they are the same game with slightly pretty graphics. And I played that the last time. Actually not the last time. I busted out my boomerage and my sword on my fricking regular game boy when I was in primary school and I've since graduated university. The past is a different country and they do things differently there. Except in computer games. Were they don't. They just have more bloom and less.. poorly backlit yellow I guess.

Anyway, stuff like okamia is better (you should play that if you have a DS and like zelda games, because its like zelda except better in every way)

But anyway, my real point is that due to endless sequelage, how can the games industry ever have a revolutionary leap forward. Are we stuck with WoW as the MMO forever? Are we going to be playing GTA until I die. Thats another great example, aside from the prettyness, what, exactly, is different between that and vice city. I suppose the sound track is not as good. Thats cool too. Oh and there is multiplayer. That doesn't work. Mostly. (why is there no lobby? Yargh)

There are models for endless sequelagle in which someone makes the odd market disruptive improvement (which is what WoW is for example) but it does make things rather tedious.

Also, because I hate sequels and everything they stand for, lets point out the other sequel peril (and the risk of using 'commerically successful' as a proxy for 'actually good')

1. Titanic (1997) $600,779,824
2. Star Wars (1977) $460,935,665
3. Shrek 2 (2004) $436,471,036
4. E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (1982) $434,949,459
5. Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999) $431,065,444
6. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (2006) $423,032,628
7. Spider-Man (2002) $403,706,375
8. Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (2005) $380,262,555
9. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003) $377,019,252
10. Spider-Man 2 (2004)
Are you seriously suggesting that EP I and 3 are great movies, and not terrible. Do you not hate the titanic as much as I do. Carn't you name atleast 50 top 10 movies that are not there?

Anyway ;)

Frothing aside, what I guess I'm trying to say is endlessly re-treading the same concept is just 'not cool'

Last edited:
MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Actually, I'm pretty much saying that they should stop making zelda games because they one thing universally in common: They suck. Well, at least recently. Actually its not even like they suck. Its more like they are the same game with slightly pretty graphics. And I played that the last time. Actually not the last time. I busted out my boomerage and my sword on my fricking regular game boy when I was in primary school and I've since graduated university. The past is a different country and they do things differently there. Except in computer games. Were they don't. They just have more bloom and less.. poorly backlit yellow I guess.

Anyway, stuff like okamia is better (you should play that if you have a DS and like zelda games, because its like zelda except better in every way)

But anyway, my real point is that due to endless sequelage, how can the games industry ever have a revolutionary leap forward. Are we stuck with WoW as the MMO forever? Are we going to be playing GTA until I die. Thats another great example, aside from the prettyness, what, exactly, is different between that and vice city. I suppose the sound track is not as good. Thats cool too. Oh and there is multiplayer. That doesn't work. Mostly. (why is there no lobby? Yargh)

There are models for endless sequelagle in which someone makes the odd market disruptive improvement (which is what WoW is for example) but it does make things rather tedious.

Also, because I hate sequels and everything they stand for, lets point out the other sequel peril (and the risk of using 'commerically successful' as a proxy for 'actually good')

Are you seriously suggesting that EP I and 3 are great movies, and not terrible. Do you not hate the titanic as much as I do. Carn't you name atleast 50 top 10 movies that are not there?

Anyway ;)

Frothing aside, what I guess I'm trying to say is endlessly re-treading the same concept is just 'not cool'
To say sequels cannot be revolutionary is false. The legend of Zelda is the most revolutionary video console game of all time. I understand where you are coming from and I agree it be nice if there were more original titles to be released this year. Comparing movie sequels to videogame sequels is not really valid. Lets compare the top selling video games of all time (below)I to the the highest rated I posted above.

1. Pokémon Red, Blue, and Green (Game Boy – 20.08 million approximately: 10.23 million in Japan,[46] 9.85 million in US)[19]
2. Nintendogs (DS – 18.67 million)[74]
3. Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES – 18 million)[43]
4. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS2 – 17.5 million,[80] may include PC and Xbox versions)
5. Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec (PS2 – 14.89 million shipped)[110]
6. Pokémon Diamond and Pearl (DS – 14.77 million)[74]
7. Pokémon Gold and Silver (Game Boy Color – 14.51 million approximately: 7.6 million in US,[19] 6.91 million in Japan)[46]
8. Grand Theft Auto III (PS2 – 14.5 million,[80] may include PC and Xbox versions)
9. New Super Mario Bros. (DS – 14.16 million)[74]
10. Super Mario Land (Game Boy – 14 million)[43]
11. Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire (GBA – 13 million)[84]
12. Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day! (DS – 12.98 million)[74]
13. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2 – 12 million)[123]
14. Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen (GBA – 11.82 million)[74]
15. Wii Play (Wii – 11.51 million)[74]
16. Super Mario 64 (N64 – 11 million)[43]
17. Gran Turismo (PS1 – 10.85 million shipped)[110][111]
18. Brain Age 2: More Training in Minutes a Day! (DS – 10.83 million)[74]
19. Mario Kart DS (DS – 10.45 million)[74]
20. Super Mario Bros. 2 (NES – 10 million)[43]

As you see sequels make the video game world go round and round and round. Sequels are a dominant part of the video game industry, that will never change. I would say sequels in a sense spark revolution.

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall
For me, the resident evil games have just gotten better and better, IMO resident evil 4 was fantastic and the best in the series. I hoping it will live up to 4. Little Big Planet might be the game that everyone will rave about after E3 is over. It has been recieved well already. I am also a fan of the Prince of Persia series, but i am not sure if the game is coming out in 2008 or 2009.
I just hope the game is being developed for all systems this time as opposed to being a port from the Game Cube. I loved the gameplay of RE4 (one of the best games I played on the PS2 before GOW2 came out) but I was a bit underwhelmed by the graphics.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
RE5 does look good. Graphics look very decent, and if it has a story anywhere near as good as 4, they will have a winner on their hands. The trailers look decent so far, but we'll have to wait and see in terms of story.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I just hope the game is being developed for all systems this time as opposed to being a port from the Game Cube. I loved the gameplay of RE4 (one of the best games I played on the PS2 before GOW2 game out) but I was a bit underwhelmed by the graphics.
I played RE4 on the PS2 as well and I totally agree it is one of the best PS2 games on that console. That says a lot!!!:). The platforms RE5 is being developed for are the PS3 and the xbox 360. No Wii.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I completed RE4 on GC and PS2 and I have to agree, it was one of the best. My guess is, there will be a Wii version before long, just like Rock Band, etc...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis