Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
Beyond my family's Wards quadraphonic all in one system, :p my first set-up was an Onkyo receiver and Onkyo dual tape deck with AR speakers.

Whitey80

Whitey80

Senior Audioholic
I had that until mid-2000's or so, when I went to a pawn shop and picked up a Pioneer Elite VSX49, a Pioneer DVL-909 universal disc player and a pair of RCA towers (can't recall the model, they were about 48" tall with dual 8" drivers, a 4.5 and a 3/4" in each, made in the late 90's).... All that stuff is long gone now, and many things have come and gone to get me to my current systems.

Edit.....
I actually STILL have the old RCA's at my shop, I forgot about that, I'll have to take a pic for ya'll, I was so proud of that junk at the time!
Here they are!!

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Outside of a small boombox w/ cassette that I bought off a pimp/janitor in the early eighties my first system was what I had when I joined AH a few years back. An H/K AVR 430 and a 7.1 Infinity Primus speaker package (not my current 360's) got me started in this mess. It took me two years to figure out how to use it but that's only cause I am a little slow. :rolleyes:

Geno

Geno

Senior Audioholic
Since I appear a bit more 'experienced' than many of you, I'll share my first. In 1956, when I was 12, my parents bought me a Sears & Roebuck phonograph, which consisted of a cloth-covered cardboard/plywood box with a metal turntable and a speaker. A fella named "Elvis Presley" had just come out with a 78 RPM record with Hound Dog/Don't Be Cruel, and I had to have it. There were also some others like Bill Haley & the Comets, Fats Domino, & Chuck Berry who were making inroads on the has-beens like Frank Sinatra, Perry Como, etc. I'd stay in my room till all hours glued to that thing.

Later, my folks bought a Magnavox "Astro-Sonic" console with a phono & radio in it. It had something like a screen door spring in it that gave the music a wierd vibrato effect. I thought we were really something.
:rolleyes:

C

christo

Audiophyte
My first stereo was an sx 1050 passed down from my dad along with a pair of at10 cerwin vegas. Its still going strong I currently have it set up in my basement gym.

J

JAR3289

Audiophyte
Well the very first would have to be a magnavox all in one radio cassett player. In high school was upgraded to a Kenwood amp and tuner with some cheap pioneer 6X9's in a custom cabinet my dad helped make.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis