You might be a redneck if...

Haoleb

Haoleb

Audioholic Field Marshall
... you get bored after work and decide to weld a stacks on your lawn mower. :D well. A stack.

I have to admit, she's pretty sweet now!

I love to fabricate, engineer, design, weld and so on, so when i get bored i look for things i can do just that to. Just so happens the mower fell victim today. The stock muffler is just so.. plain. I needed to kick it up a notch.

So i did this:

I didnt want to leave the muffler on there because if it was loud as hell it would just make it cooler but i do also mow the grass for someone else and they have neighbors that probably wouldnt appreciate me revving the mower on a sunday if it was well... louder...ish. So i plugged the stock hole in the front by welding a nickel over it. Then i drilled a new hole out the side for ma' stack.

Thought about putting a little flapper on the top too but im too lazy. When i started it up it actually sounds pretty sweet. has a much more throaty deep sound to it. I dont know why all mowers dont have this. I also just started laughing out of the blue when i was building it and when i started it up and was just sitting in the driveway revving it... i mean... its pretty sweet. how can you not?

Matt34

Matt34

LOL, a flapper would take you to full red-neck status.;)

I wish I never gave my Lincoln power pac 100 to my brother, I miss welding.

J

jamie2112

Banned
Now that is having too much time on your hands..:D But it is pretty freakin sweet. Nice job there audioneck.....:D

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
just don't trip over your mower :D looks like a good impaler :)

DTS

DTS

Senior Audioholic
Needs some flames now and maybe a naked lady silhouette safety guard thingy. Looks pretty cool, if it makes mowing more interesting, I'm for it. :)

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Haoleb,

Rat rod lawn mower.......I like it!:cool:

SBF1

PSWii60

PSWii60

Full Audioholic
looks like a real "grass guzzler". It should help your fuel economy. Can you make me one for my Xmark Lazer Z ?

J

johnfaz

Audiophyte
bahhaa that is awesome. LOL @ "ma'stack". Man you got me rolling.

Haoleb

Haoleb

It is a great war mower.

I actually did think about welding spikes on the wheels. Its self propelled, with two speeds too. If i hold it back on concrete i can make the tires smoke a little. :D

Its way cooler when it smokes alot, so i poured some wd40 down the stack and took a video. I tried some oil afterwards and it smoked even more, I might have to carry a quart of oil around with me just to dump down the exhaust so it smokes alot :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I think if i rig a leaf blower to the intake, and then just somehow connect throttles together on them... Hmm,.....
It took me a minute to put that one together in my head but I have it now. :)

I know you're just experimenting now but lawn mower racing starts with a little weekend goofing around and ends up with fly wheels being shaved on week nights. Just say 'no to mo'. :D

Haoleb

Haoleb

oh, i would definetly want an older riding mower and tear the mower deck off and soup it up. i would tool around on that thing for hours on end :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis