You guys heard about "Pono"?

N

NewHTbuyer

Audioholic
I just watched Neil Young on The Daily Show and he mentioned his new portable music player, think iPod, called the Pono, but it plays lossless tracks, not mp3. Seems cool.

I can't find many details, but it is interesting that he is focusing on high fidelity music. I still listen mostly to CDs and don't really play many digital files, but I know most people these days only listen to digital files. I wonder if this will gain an traction. Obviously, the cost will be a key factor. Plus, I wonder if you can load any loss track onto it or if you have to buy each track again.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
I believe that Neil Young is focused on the wrong areas of improvement.

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
I just watched Neil Young on The Daily Show and he mentioned his new portable music player, think iPod, called the Pono, but it plays lossless tracks, not mp3. Seems cool.

I can't find many details, but it is interesting that he is focusing on high fidelity music. I still listen mostly to CDs and don't really play many digital files, but I know most people these days only listen to digital files. I wonder if this will gain an traction. Obviously, the cost will be a key factor. Plus, I wonder if you can load any loss track onto it or if you have to buy each track again.
The iPod and iPhone play lossless as well.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis