Yesterday's High SPL Blues Fest

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
We have an annual Blues Fest nearby that has been sponsored for 15 years by the local fire department. The weather was unseasonably cool and the music was excellent. The main performers were Jimmy Burns and Jimmy Rodgers/Chicago Blues All Stars. You can hear their recordings on your favorite streaming service, if you are interested. My only issue with the day's doings was the volume of the sound system. The sound company had speakers stacked to about 15' in height and a sound pressure level approaching 100 db and that was from our spot in the grass about 200 feet from the stage. I'm still confused about the fascination with high volume. I don't go to movie theaters any more because I don't like to wear ear plugs. I certainly don't want to wear them at a concert. That is my only complaint. Next year I'll sit further away. Guess I'm just getting old. It was a fun day, however.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I got to hear some music yesterday from a band/dj set up that while being way too loud was a lot of fun to listen to. I don't know that I would go out just to hear that but it was still fun, as in something I don't get to hear at home. I guess at home I 'listen' and out at a bar I 'feel'. I'm with you on the getting old part and worrying about my hearing ... now that my hearing is shot.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis