T

tom67

Full Audioholic
The cheap standard stock stereo in my 2009 Impala company car sounds better than most home systems I have owned over the past 40 years...hmmmm?

You can throw a blanket over most ported speakers from $100 to $2,000.....seems like most have computer generated perameters and sound about the same...a 50 year old mature technology much like the internal combustion engine where improvement are incremental at this point

The weak link is the software.....cant tell you how many friends have recently opined that there is little on cable or available for rent that excites them....

C

clouso

Banned
The cheap standard stock stereo in my 2009 Impala company car sounds better than most home systems I have owned over the past 40 years...hmmmm?

You can throw a blanket over most ported speakers from $100 to $2,000.....seems like most have computer generated perameters and sound about the same...a 50 year old mature technology much like the internal combustion engine where improvement are incremental at this point

The weak link is the software.....cant tell you how many friends have recently opined that there is little on cable or available for rent that excites them....
The most home system you owned must have really sucked!..OMG i needed to laugh lol...thx.

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
Year end thoughts
3.5oz 100% DE AGAVE TEQUILA
2oz Orange Triple Sec
1.5oz Fresh lime juice

Shake over ice in a cocktail shaker.
Lime juice and Kosher Salt on the rim of (2)9oz cocktail/margarita glasses.
Fill glasses with ice and pour.

2 prime rib eye's
Kosher salt
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Lea and Perrins Worcestershire
Soy Sauce

Coat each side
Allow to reach room temp while grill is prepared
Cook 7 minutes on each side. Flip only once.
Allow meat to rest 7 minutes.
(777)

One hot wife for desert!:p

Last edited:
digicidal

digicidal

Full Audioholic
Yeah, I have to question that whole OEM Impala stereo thing seriously - I've heard one, and the Mark Levinson setup in my IS350 sounds much better - but even it can't compete with a decently driven pair of well designed monitors - let alone a setup with a couple of subs.

Maybe it's the music I'm listening to... dunno.

I totally agree with you on the 'software' comment however... I've pretty much stopped even bothering to rent anything released in the past 5 years - let alone drag my butt to the theater and pay $50 for my wife and I to be bored for 2 hours.

Pretty much the only thing we consistently take away from going to the movies is bad gas from crappy popcorn - but at least it's way more entertaining for us than the movie was. ;)

(And depending on the movie... that's potentially "high-brow" entertainment in comparison). :eek:

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I'll give GM one thing. The base, stock radio in my new Malibu is the first factory radio in quite a while that I did not want to immediately tear out and replace. Monsoon, Bose, Mach 460, Mach 1000...they all needed to die. I've got a pretty good sounding car audio system that is currently installed in it's third vehicle. Last time I swapped it over, I just replaced the head unit to update for Bluetooth.

And yes, I've had some pretty awful home systems over the years that could be blown away by some of the new, modern car systems.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis