Yammie RX-V4600 PC software ?

N

newfmp3

Audioholic
did yammie ever make the software for this receiver to allow control and back up over the rs232 ?

N

newfmp3

Audioholic
thanks so much! I could not find the link on their site

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
Your welcome. You may want to bookmark the link, as it is a "dealer" page. I have not been able to navigate to it myself recently through the Yamaha front door.

N

newfmp3

Audioholic
yeah it is bookmarked.

Have you used this for the 4600? I can connect to it and backup my configuration no problem at all through asynch mode. But when I try realtime, it connects to it, starts initializing, you'll see the receiver start cycling through it's sound modes, then for no reason it stops with an error. Now if I cancel this "initialization" thing it's doing half way through, the program seems to work in real time for the basic things like volume,input, on/off...so far. Strange.

hmmm, wonder what port settings, parity and all that jazz this has to be set at.

edit: ok, I think I know what's going on. that initialization thing is updating the GUI of the program with the receivers settings for everything on startup, or you choose the gui to refresh when loading system memory. When I cancel out of it before the error happens, I can control the receiver, but the settings showing in the gui are not correct. for example, my LFE level shows at Zero when I know it really isn't.

Last edited:
N

newfmp3

Audioholic
anyone know where I can get this software these days? I'm moving and I want to back up the yammie before I move.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis