yamaha yas-101 soundbar with imito mx2 tv box, no sound

A

andydan

Audiophyte
imito mx2 tv box, hdmi to sharp tv, there is sound from the TV speaker, but no sound from soundbar.

soundbar use optical audio cable connects to TV.

Thanks!

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Welcome to the forum!

1. Double check that the soundbar is turned on
2. Double check that you've removed any dust caps from the ends of the optical cable
3. Make sure to select the input on the soundbar that corresponds to the connector that you used on the back for the optical cable (e.g. "TV")
4. Make sure that the soundbar volume isn't muted and is turned up
5. Check the TV setup menu to see if you need to activate the optical output (you can let us know the model number to help you out if you can't find that setting). You might need to turn off the TV speakers to get output from that optical connection.

A

andydan

Audiophyte
those should not the reason.

if I switch tv source to dish network, everything works.

BTW I also tried dvd player, no sound either.

My TV is Sharp LC-60LE600U, I did not see the setting to to activate the optical output.

Thanks a lot!

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
if I switch tv source to dish network, everything works.
Let me see if I understand. Are you saying that you have a Dish Network receiver connected to your TV, and that the soundbar connected to the TV via the optical connection will make noise when you select the Dish input on the TV?

BTW I also tried dvd player, no sound either.
Is the DVD player connected directly to the soundbar for audio, or is it playing through the TV?

A

andydan

Audiophyte
sorry for the confusion.

I have dish network connect to TV, soundbar connecte to TV via the optical connection, there is no sound from soundbar.
I also connect dvd TV via HDMI, there is sound from TV, but no sound from soundbar.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis