Yamaha RXV1065BL YPAO setup problems?

M

MikeLuke1967

Audiophyte
Recently purchased RXV1065BL yamaha; Hooked it up to LG blueray, with Kef 5.1 speaker system; Got most things up and running, then ran the YPAO system, which ran perfect the first time thru; Then got new carpeting and new furniture; Went to run the YPAO system again, and nothing works? When I plug in YPAO connection on front of receiver, it recognizes it, and the auto setup screen pops up; It looks just like before, but when I try to push the start setup screen nothing happens? None of the buttons work, it's like the whole thing is frozen; I've read similar problems on the web, but not of same exact receiver; One fix says to push the "red" amp button which is not mentioned in manual, but my unit doesn't have this "red" amp button on the remote? Another fix states you must have the RGA connections used, not just HDMI, but I don't think that is my problem, it worked fine the first time with HDMI only; I do have the subwoofer to slightly less then half, and crossover max, but again, this shouldn't have anything to do with the screen locking up? please help!

caper26

caper26

Full Audioholic
Did you unplug the receiver? Also, you can put it back to factory settings which may work.

E

erslageorge

Audiophyte
Sorry, i don't have an idea about this problem, because i have Yamaha RX-397 100 Watt Natural Sound AM/FM Stereo Receiver that is very nice experience to have it.

V

viper66

Audiophyte
Yamaha RX-A100 speaker set up problems

Greetings every one, Glad to be here!
I recently purchased a new Yamaha RX-A1000 Receiver & Am mainly planning on using it for enjoying Music. I have hooked up a turntable, Cd player, And a graphic equalizer that is just connected to the denon cd player.
I have a 2006 Yamaha Yst-SW216 Subwoofer that i think can pump out 100 watts & A pair of Pioneer 150 watt speakers i have connected as the front speakers and a pair of Technics speakers as my surround. Right now i'm not planning on hooking up a telivision monitor to it. Here is the problem, I am getting very low output from my subwoofer,And have to crank the volume control to almost 10 to get any real powerful bass out of it. I have a pro sub cable connected to the back of the sub using a Y splitter connected to both the subs left mono output and the right RCA jacks. From the Y splitter i have run the cable to the back ofthe receiver and connected it to the subwoofer1 jack.Have i made a wrong connection, Or do i need to some how open a program up on the receiver via the remote to adjust the sub and various speakers? This is a totally new beast i'm working with here,And while i have checked out the owners manual i can't find any instuctions on opening a manual program up to do this! Basically the manual is kind of useless. I did try using the YPAO mike that came with it, And it gave a Warning W1 phase, Which would indicate a speaker phase problem. I checked my cable hookups and as far as i can tell, They are wired correctly, But i did read that the michrophone test doesn't always function correct. Any body that has these amps have the same problems & were able to fix? Thanks in advance!! viper.

bread29

bread29

Junior Audioholic
I would put the receiver back to factory default setting. Nothing you described should be freezing the YPAO screen. If re-setting doesn't work, the unit may be defective.

XEagleDriver

XEagleDriver

Audioholic Chief
Remove the Y connector

Greetings every one, Glad to be here!
I recently purchased a new Yamaha RX-A1000 Receiver & . . .
a 2006 Yamaha Yst-SW216 Subwoofer . . .
Here is the problem, I am getting very low output from my subwoofer, . . . I have a pro sub cable connected to the back of the sub using a Y splitter connected to both the subs left mono output and the right RCA jacks. From the Y splitter i have run the cable to the back of the receiver and connected it to the subwoofer1 jack.
1) Have i made a wrong connection, . . .
viper.

Viper,

Welcome to the forum. In the future, I suggest you start your own thread instead of "hijacking" another persons thread with a new question or problem.

1) You have in fact connected the sub incorrectly.
This is probably why it is not working properly.

To fix, take the Y connector out of the equation.
Simply connect the receiver's sub #1 output (using a RCA-to-RCA cable) to the sub's L Mono input (that is why the "L" input has the "Mono" label).

Cheers,
XEagleDriver

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
One fix says to push the "red" amp button which is not mentioned in manual
Yamaha remotes traditionally had an "AMP" button that told the remote to control the receiver as opposed to another device (It is a multifunction remote). Yours does not have this.

Try pressing the "OnScreen" button and see if that gives you control of the menus with the arrow keys. If that doesn't work, try pressing "Tuner".

Also make sure the switch at the top left is set to "Main".

viper66 said:
I am getting very low output from my subwoofer,And have to crank the volume control to almost 10 to get any real powerful bass out of it. I have a pro sub cable connected to the back of the sub using a Y splitter connected to both the subs left mono output and the right RCA jacks. From the Y splitter i have run the cable to the back of the receiver and connected it to the subwoofer1 jack
That is not necessarily the wrong way to connect it. You actually can get more gain by using the splitter. From the Basic Subwoofer Setup Guide NOT for Dummies :

Gene DellaSala - Audioholics said:
The advantage of the Y-splitter is the signal will be summed into both inputs of the sub increasing sensitivity 6dB meaning you can now lower the gain in the A/V receiver 6dB to achieve the same output level as you would have with only one connection utilized on the sub.
That may have been a factor in the auto setup lowering the volume but in my experience with auto setup systems they tend to turn the sub output way down no matter how you hook it up. I don't know why that is because when I go and measure it manually with an SPL meter it is often WAY below the level it is supposed to be at and is almost inaudible. I don't trust auto setup systems except Audessy, usually, to get the sub level right and I do it manually. After running auto setup I crank the output a couple notches above zero on the receiver and adjust the level on the sub itself after that. Another problem with the output level being so low is that it does not trigger the auto on/off circuit reliably.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis