Yamaha RX-V667 Firmware Update

SJMarty

SJMarty

Audiophyte
I'm trying to update the firmware on my Yamaha RX-V667 receiver to v2.05 (it's running v1.14) using my Sony BDP-S570 and the optical out. I changed everything in the Sony's configuration that looked like it might be modifying the audio output to either "off" or "PCM" as the instructions stated. I put the receiver in the mode to get the update and start playing the CD. According to the documentation, the display should change from the "CDDA Upgrader" after 10 seconds or so but it never does. I've burned two CDs and tried different optical ports on the receiver and the receiver just stays on the "CDDA Upgrader" message.

Hopefully, someone has some additional suggestions of what to try next.

Thanks.

S

Seizetrap

Audiophyte
No joy here either.

I am having the exact same problem. I've tried playing the firmware update using a Sony BDP-S570 Bluray player, a Yamaha DVD player and a Sony CD player with no luck at all. :(
I've tried connecting with both Digital Coaxial and Optical.
If anyone reading this has managed to update it, can you let us know what software you used to burn the audio file please and what player you used to feed the RX-V667.;)
I used Windows Media Player and turned off all settings that may modify the audio signal, but I'm thinking there must be something better out there to do this job.

S

Seizetrap

Audiophyte
Solved

OK, I have managed to flash my Yamaha RX-V667 by ignoring the part of the Yamaha instructions that says you need to burn the .WAV file to a CD in Audio CD format.
Basically copy the .WAV file to a USB stick (FAT32 format) and plug it into the Sony BDP-S570.
Navigate to the .WAV file and prepare it for playback, but don't press play just yet.
Prepare the Yamaha RX-V667 to receive the firmware, then simply press play on the Sony BDP-S570. 14 minutes & 5 seconds later, Job Done. :D
Just remember, you still need to connect the BDP-S570 to the RX-V667 with an optical cable or coaxial (I used optical)

On the down side, this has not remedied what I was hoping it was going to fix.
Basically, when I turn on my FoxSat HDR, the RX-V667 does not automatically switch to it, I have to manually select the HDMI input on the remote.
This is probably a feature (or lack of one) on the FoxSat.
Does anyone else have this problem?

Last edited:
T

tonypelicon

Audiophyte
Other way ?

Is there any other way to update the firmware ? I dont have CD burner at my hand now... :(

S

Seizetrap

Audiophyte
Is there any other way to update the firmware ? I dont have CD burner at my hand now... :(
You don't need a CD Burner, just use a USB stick and put the .WAV file on it that contains the firmware. see my post above yours.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis