Yamaha RX-V663 With 3 Port HDMI Switch

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Why isn't this sold yet? :confused:

I guess I may as well ... but it's my choice. I am not a compulsive shopper. I can quit anytime I want ... and it's like $1,375 cheaper than a Denon 4311. :rolleyes:

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I just moved the RX-V1800 from my living room to my bedroom, which was replaced by a AVR-4311ci, which is nothing short of amazing! But I need to get this sold so I can replenish my funds that were depleted by getting the Denon. It's in like new condition and was never driven hard, in fact I only used the receiver to power my center and 2 surround speakers, the mains were powered by an external amp.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I just need your PayPal email address. I trust you'll insure the 663 with the shipper. I'll spring for that if need be.

The lack of a phono input put me off until I considered that I could use this for HT and move my RX-V2600 back to ManTown for 2.2 duty. Then I can get rid of all those stupid analog cables ... unless of course I find some reason to keep them in use. The 663 and the 2600 both have a 6-3/4" height (so does the 4311) which is critical for my entertainment center. Anyway, I'm pretty happy about this. Thanks. :)

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I just need your PayPal email address. I trust you'll insure the 663 with the shipper. I'll spring for that if need be.

The lack of a phono input put me off until I considered that I could use this for HT and move my RX-V2600 back to ManTown for 2.2 duty. Then I can get rid of all those stupid analog cables ... unless of course I find some reason to keep them in use. The 663 and the 2600 both have a 6-3/4" height (so does the 4311) which is critical for my entertainment center. Anyway, I'm pretty happy about this. Thanks. :)

No reason to use analog inputs on this reciever since it obviously decodes lossless auido via HDMI. I used to have an RX-V1600 and it wouldn't do 7.1 PCM over HDMI, or 1080p, so I had to upgrade to the RX-V1800.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
No reason to use analog inputs on this reciever since it obviously decodes lossless auido via HDMI. I used to have an RX-V1600 and it wouldn't do 7.1 PCM over HDMI, or 1080p, so I had to upgrade to the RX-V1800.
Oh ... it just occurred to me that I can now get Blu-ray audio and use the the analog audio ins for a different player that does DVD-A and SACD. Welcome back DVD-a and SACD! I'm amped up for my front 3 speakers so it's almost like putting the RX-V663 out to pasture ... especially at my listening levels.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
The receiver has been sold!

Alex, sounds like this is going to work out really well for you!

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis