Yamaha RX-V596 Surround Problem

D

DBIZ

Audiophyte
Hi everyone,

I am wondering if anyone has some suggestions for me.

I cannot seem to get surround sound working on my RX-V596. This unit has been solid for years, but I recently hooked all my speakers back up after about a year or so...it used to work flawlessly.

I can only seem to get audio out of the 2 main speakers. Even when I put it in test mode, I can only hear tones from the main L and R speakers.

The receiver seems to be decoding dolby...it is set to auto. "Effect Off" is not active. I have turned the rear, center and sub on in the set menu option. I can't figure out what is gong on for the life of me.

It seems to be a setting I am missing, but I can't figure it out. It seems strange that the 2 main speakers would work fine, but none of the others.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated...I don't want to buy a new receiver if I don't have to.

Thanks in advance!

T

tcarcio

Audioholic General
I don't know if your reciever has the ability to do a hard reset but if so you might want to give it a try. Just remember your settings bfore you do it. I had a problem with my Elite that was driving me crazy but the reset solved the problem.

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
You need to enable all the surround speakers in the receiver setup menu, most likely.

-pat

D

DBIZ

Audiophyte
I can't find a hard reset option, but I did read that after a week or so of being unplugged, the unit loses any saved settings...so I have unplugged it for now.

As for the Setup Menu and making the speakers active, checked all those settings, and they appear to be OK.

Thanks for the feedback though...I'm getting the feeling I might be screwed here :(

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis