yamaha rx-v573 missing remote control

Q

Q-StiX

Enthusiast
hi, i got this receiver with no remote, but i noticed its supposed to be smart phone compatible... what do i have to do to get this thing working? lol... i cant fine tune the sounds with out it. i know i can buy a new 1 online, but its $50 and takes time ETC... any ideas? or maybe even a way to hook it to the PC, it dont have to be wireless as long as i can adjust the settings. thanx alot!

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Have you downloaded the Yamaha AV Controller app for your phone, yet?

Q

Q-StiX

Enthusiast
missing remote

Have you downloaded the Yamaha AV Controller app for your phone, yet?
hi, yep.. i tried it, but its only a demo, and it wont control anything. the receiver never even came with a box.. u think there was a special link that was supposed to come wit it? i never even seen a option to buy the app it never said it was a demo till after i installed it lol... thanx

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
hi, yep.. i tried it, but its only a demo, and it wont control anything.
That's odd. I looked at both the iOS and Android versions online, and they are both fully functional applications...and they are free. Is the app that you got called "AV Controller"?

If you haven't seen this, yet, then this video might help.

Last edited by a moderator:
pddufrene

pddufrene

Audioholic
He needs the av remote to go through the settings in order to allow the app to link with the receiver via wi-fi

pddufrene

pddufrene

Audioholic
But supposedly u should be able to do all that through the main controls on the face plate of the receiver, u just need to download the Manuel online and it will explain the process step by step

Q

Q-StiX

Enthusiast
He needs the av remote to go through the settings in order to allow the app to link with the receiver via wi-fi
yea, i dont know how to get to any wifi settings on it. i even tried to plug in my ethernet cable, and a usb wifi card, and plugged my phone into the usb... no luck ofcorse...

Q

Q-StiX

Enthusiast
But supposedly u should be able to do all that through the main controls on the face plate of the receiver, u just need to download the Manuel online and it will explain the process step by step
i hit every key on it lol... even looked for a hidden compartment! i figured it would be easy to access the controls, even if it was threw the computer, i dont mind a cord... just want my sounds tweaked like every1 else :)) ill keep messin with it, ill let u guys kno if i get it resolved. thanx alot for the replys from every1.

pddufrene

pddufrene

Audioholic
i hit every key on it lol... even looked for a hidden compartment! i figured it would be easy to access the controls, even if it was threw the computer, i dont mind a cord... just want my sounds tweaked like every1 else :)) ill keep messin with it, ill let u guys kno if i get it resolved. thanx alot for the replys from every1.
Try this: http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/av-receivers-amps/rx/rx-v573_black_u/ click on support and there u can download the owners manual and u should be able to find everything you need to know.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis