lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I was on Onkyo for a few years, moved to the Yamaha 3080, sounds much better, but wondering if Denon 8500 would even be a better sound? Some say Denon sounds a bit harsh. Any thoughts?
What "sound" would that be, tho? The whole lineup from a brand has a "sound"?

T

TLEW

Audioholic Intern
Yeah, I love my RX-A3080. I don’t see myself changing it to something else.
I see you had KEFs before. I using all R series now, R11 mains with ext parasound 21+ amp and they sound pretty good. I'm running 2 SVS SB16 subs. Its taking a while to get the bass right but messes pretty good now.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I was on Onkyo for a few years, moved to the Yamaha 3080, sounds much better, but wondering if Denon 8500 would even be a better sound? Some say Denon sounds a bit harsh. Any thoughts?
I used to own the $7500 Denon AVP-A1HDCI and $5500 Denon AVR-5308. Now I own the Yamaha 3080 and CX-A5100. All 4 sound equally awesome, but the set for each one is different. Therefore, if you don’t have the optimal setup, they might not sound as good.

N

ne14golf2024

Audiophyte
Wondering who would move away from Yamaha to get an AVR with Dirac Live?
I had been a Yamaha lifer...V695, RX-V2700, RX-A3070, last year 'upgraded' to an OnkyoTX-RZ50 with Dirac and THX. It was a great experience, a ton of tweak-ability. But for some reason, I was always looking for more, tweaking here and there, remeasuring over and over trying to tweak the speakers settings and the such. Well...
Finally pulled the trigger and bought an A8a and absolutely LOVE it!! Never regretted it for a second. Calibrated YPAO once and immediately fell in love with the sound. The new YPAO is much better then the previous generation's. If you have any doubts about upgrading from the 30xx generation, pull that trigger....I haven't regretted it. Not only is the Qualcomm chipset that much better, all of the improvements in Dolby Atmos, DTS, and Auro-3D, and the integration with today's TVs, AppleTV and the like. They all just 'talk' with each other. The process was so incredibly easy and no further need to tweak, though the capability is there if needed. The sound is so much more dynamic, richer, detailed and full. I'm no longer left wanting. I'm constantly relistening to my music and movies over and over again, continuously finding new details previously missed.
I can finally see that his A8A last for YEARS to come and why the Onkyo prices are plummeting.

I have the Onkyo on marketplace right now looking to sell.

Tankini

Tankini

Full Audioholic
Yeah, I love my RX-A3080. I don’t see myself changing it to something else.
There is the higher "Slew rate" and You being a great guy and all :) could, At the very least try out the A8A.
If by chance you don't like the A8A, you can sell it to me! :D at a friendly discount of $1699.00 ;):)

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
There is the higher "Slew rate" and You being a great guy and all :) could, At the very least try out the A8A.
If by chance you don't like the A8A, you can sell it to me! :D at a friendly discount of $1699.00 ;):)
A8A over ATI amp? Can be a tough call for sure.

You know I’m in California right now. Could come by their office and pick up an ATI for ya. :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis