Yamaha RX A2020 HELP NEEDED

P

purplelabel

Audiophyte
Hi there I just place an order of one Yamaha RX A2020 92. Channel receiver and I really don't know how wifi works on it, besides I read the manual I cannot understand it, so any help if I have to connect to a LAN cable or I can use a dongle for make it w-ifi. Thanks

Send Margaritas

Send Margaritas

Audioholic
I've got a Yamaha A2010. Previous model. I don't believe the 2020 has WiFi support, just an ethernet jack for a hard wire. I run an ethernet cable to a small hub/switch, for the receiver, Oppo, and TV.

That might be your best approach.

T

Tin Ear

Junior Audioholic
RX-A2010 owner here as well ...no wifi. I have mine hooked up directly to my internet service via a cat5 cable. I also use a switch as my TV, DVD player, and cable box all share the same feed.

L

Lordhumungus

Audioholic
If you need it to be wireless, you could always look into an ethernet bridge. Probably not the cleanest solution, but it would at least prevent you from having to do a long cable run to somewhere.

C

Chris0666

Enthusiast
The 2020 does not have WiFi built in, but if you want you can use this to make it WiFi compatible.
RX-A2020 - AVENTAGE - Audio & Visual - Products - Yamaha United States

Airplay, on the other hand, has to be hard lined in to your network to function. How are you enjoying the HQV Vida Processor?
I'm about to purchase the 1020 model and was thinking about getting the WiFi apaptor to stream music from iphone and ipod wirelessly but your suggestion says that you need to be hardwired to utilize airplay?? Am I understanding this correctly?

A

ACsGreens

Full Audioholic
I'm about to purchase the 1020 model and was thinking about getting the WiFi apaptor to stream music from iphone and ipod wirelessly but your suggestion says that you need to be hardwired to utilize airplay?? Am I understanding this correctly?
The WiFi adapter should allow for this.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis