Yamaha RX-A1020 zone 2 issue

D

DStaib

Audiophyte
I am in my 2nd week of ownership of the RX-A1020 I have been using the Zone 2 option so far with out problems. The external amp is a Yamaha RX-655. I've noticed today that when I enable zone 2 or party mode now the external amp shuts down. Checked speaker cables - OK - no blown fuses, check RCA patch cords - OK - cannot think of what could be causing this. It seems to shut down only on the input which is on the external receiver I used AUdio 1 then changed to AV 5 still shuts down. I looks as though the signal from the A1020 shuts the external down. I am puzzled, Oh I've also removed the power cable from the main unit to force a reset. still no change. Anyone care to shine a light on this new behavior -- thanks Dan

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Does the RX-V665 stay on if nothing (speakers or inputs) is connected to it?

Can you run the radio (Tuner) without it shutting down?

D

DStaib

Audiophyte
Zone 2 issue - resolved

This issue resolved very easily and I will sit in the dunce corner for the appropriate amount of time. What I did was really stupid, I had extended my speaker cables with a jumper wire ( only a few inches short) the connector I used was the monster cables screw on ends; this is where I screwed up, when I slid my receiver back into its cabinet the connecters touched and that was NOT a good thing, Thank goodness for the protection circuit preventing amp burn out. The solution was to wrap the connectorrs with electrical tape to prevent accidental contact. Boy was I lucky

Thanks to all for at least giving this issue a read.
Dan
:)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Glad you found out what the problem was and that you didn't suffer any damage. I ran into something similar fater the 2nd flood in my basement. I put speaker jacks up and ran the wires before the dry wall was put up. I had tested the jacks with an ohm meter prior to the dry wall being put up so I knew all was good there. After everything was said and done and wired up teh system again, my mains ketp cutting out so I checked the wiring at the receiver and then at the wall jacks. I noticed two whiskers at two different locations touching between the postive and the negative jacks. I remedied that and everything is working fine. I'm lucky too that the Yamaha's protection system worked as well as it did. I would; have been in the market for another receiver.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis