Yamaha Receiver Not Turning On

C

crblanz

Audiophyte
Hey, so I've had the Yamaha RX V675 receiver for a bit now, and just recently it stopped turning on. I didn't change of move anything, so I'm not sure what could have happened.

But now, when I first plug it in, a light for "HDMI through" is the only thing on (it isn't connected to anything but the wall). Most of the buttons on the remote don't do anything, but certain ones have an effect, such as the power button and a series of buttons for BD/DVD, TV, etc. When I press any of these buttons, the receiver clicks, and the light goes off, giving no indication that the device is on. A second press results in another click, as well as a third button press. After that, the receiver does not respond to anything. I can unplug then replug the device and repeat the process over again.

I'm at a complete loss for what it could be, would any of you be able to help me? Thanks

B

bikdav

Senior Audioholic
It sounds like that receiver is in trouble. Before you have it repaired though, check the instructions to see if there is a reset routine in case something goes wonky. It might ask you to press and hold the power button while unplugging the receiver or something of that nature _ whatever the instructions say. If that doesn't do it, I'd say that receiver is in trouble.

C

chucksrt

Audioholic
My RX-V3000 had the same issue. I would turn it on and it would turn off by it's self, or it would not turn on at all. The tech who looked at it could not find anything wrong the first time but after I got it back and it happened again I brought it back and he found that there were solder joints on one of the boards that had hairline fractures and broke connection once warmed up. He said that they were really thin solder joints from the factory. He repaired it and it's worked like a champ ever since.

B

bikdav

Senior Audioholic
My RX-V3000 had the same issue. I would turn it on and it would turn off by it's self, or it would not turn on at all. The tech who looked at it could not find anything wrong the first time but after I got it back and it happened again I brought it back and he found that there were solder joints on one of the boards that had hairline fractures and broke connection once warmed up. He said that they were really thin solder joints from the factory. He repaired it and it's worked like a champ ever since.

Now, that is frustrating.. At least, the problem was found and resolved.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tonypelicon

Audiophyte
Sadly but true, I had to send back the RX V675, I got my money refound and they did not told me about it was a factory issue... The equippment stopped turning on, I even used a huge preAMP and it didnt worked... lost my mind and got the money back.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis