Yamaha or Denon for build quality and audio quality

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
I am a Yamaha fan.

I never liked any Room Correction EQ - Audyssey, YPAO, ARC, Dirac, etc. You might feel the same.

When you switched to Yamaha and didn't use any room EQ, you probably preferred the sound without any room EQ.

Thus, I don't think it was a case of Denon SQ vs Yamaha SQ. I think it was a case of EQ (Audyssey) vs No EQ (Yamaha).

I think if you had turned off Audyssey in the Denon, it would sound the same as Yamaha.

But I am a fan of Yamaha. :D
I used both with and without Audyssey, and Denon just doesn't sound right at all. L/R bypass was the closest to what I wanted but still wasn't quite there.

With yamaha, there is flat, front natural, through, and they all sound much better than what Denon had to offer.

It wouldn't be fair to compare the older Denon(X2300W) to a much newer yamaha, but I doubt that any newer Denon sound any different, and have night and day difference over there predecessors.

My current Yamaha sounds so much better on all the sources but it's bulkier.

It is said the heavier AVR has higher quality components such as beefier amp etc. It's turning out to be true.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I used both with and without Audyssey, and Denon just doesn't sound right at all. L/R bypass was the closest to what I wanted but still wasn't quite there.

With yamaha, there is flat, front natural, through, and they all sound much better than what Denon had to offer.

It wouldn't be fair to compare the older Denon(X2300W) to a much newer yamaha, but I doubt that any newer Denon sound any different, and have night and day difference over there predecessors.

My current Yamaha sounds so much better on all the sources but it's bulkier.

It is said the heavier AVR has higher quality components such as beefier amp etc. It's turning out to be true.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
There is an AVR for everyone. :D

I've heard many people say they prefer the sound of one brand over another (Yamaha Marantz Denon) or one Room EQ over another.

I've used Denon for many years. I switched to Yamaha, but it was not because of Sound Quality difference.

So I think they can all sound great, depending in setup and system.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
You are a fan of Yamaha, but with that said
I can not recommend the new Yamaha 2020 AVR's. On another post Yamaha, Denon and Marantz have found out that the issues with the new 2.1 HDMI are Not Firmware Fixable! Panasonic done went and F..kup their chip! So my New RX-V6A is going back today! Man I'm pissed cause I really like this new AVR, I don't game so I won't need the new 2.1 and I don't see myself getting a 8K TV in the near either. I could just hold up and see what Yamaha will do but sending it back for a full refund makes better sense.
Yeah I am a Yamaha fan, but not a fan of 1st year models and HDMI. :D

I prefer the RX-A3080, A2080, and A1080. :D

B

bommai

Audioholic Intern
I have owned denon, HK, and NAD. The Yamaha tsr-700 that I ordered is coming on Monday. When I first started on my home theater journey 23 years ago, I bought a denon avr-2700 and then I upgraded to 2803 a few years later. I tried the hk-247 in 2007 and my life totally changed. The hk was way better than the denon. I returned the 247 and upgraded to a refurb hk 745 and was totally satisfied with it until 2011. Then I bought a used nad T744 and it gave the hk a run for its money. All this time I was using either a lower end klipsch synergy towers or klipsch reference Rf-5 towers. Pretty efficient speakers. Since I was so impressed with the nad, I bought a beefier nad-t763 again used. Both of these are still working and sound fabulous. Later on in 2011 I also ordered a nad T775-HD new on a good sale. It worked great even though I had to get an amp problem resolved under warranty. Since I wanted to upgrade my theater room to atmos, I bought a denon x4300h and purposed my nad T763 as a power amp for the main channels. I moved the nad t775 to my family room for my plasma tv with Kef q100 speakers. I recently bought a Sony x90ch tv for my family room so I wanted 4K pass through. I ordered the Yamaha. I know it is not in the same league as the denon x4300h or the nad t775 but I am going to compare the sound quality to my nad t744 which is rated 50 watts per channel. I will let people know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis