Yamaha NS-AW350 Outdoor Patio mounting

C

cowboy2006

Enthusiast
Just bought these speakers at Best Buy to mount under the eaves for patio music. Problem is, the supplied bracket only allows tilting if you mount it vertically. I want to mount it horizontally. There is a large diameter threaded screw that is supposed to be used to connect it to a mega mount plate.

So what I need is an adjustable mega mount or has a mounting plate that matches up with this model of speaker.

Any thoughts?

(See http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001VHARO/103-7762493-3453453?v=glance&n=172282)

A

amacgeek

Audiophyte
Seeing that I had been looking for an answer to this very question recently, I came across this Amazon review.

At first it didn't make sense to me why I'd want to attach a mount to a mount but then I dawned on me that you'd mount the Bell box cover to a proper electrical box that's used to router your wiring through. The circular nut that come with the Bell box cover is hollow, allowing the speaker wire to pass through it.

Another benefit of using the Bell box cover is an increased range of motion for tilting the speaker.

Be mindful however that while the Bell box cover does allow you to mount the speaker in a horizontal fashion, it does not offer any tilt functionality. So you're nowhere with this as a solution if your needs are to mount the speaker in a horizontal manner.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis