Yamaha HTR-5890 7.1 Receiver, Review!

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
This will be a segmented review, I will start with construction and continue from there.

Construction

The Yamaha HTR-5890 is a fairly well designed and executed receiver. The heatsink and overall heat dissipation of the unit is the most intelligent looking design I have seen, then again I have seen some really stupit ones as well.

The heatsink has two seperate sink facing in to one another pictured here-

There is also a sensor controled fan that pulls heat from the power supply and pushes it through the center of the heatsinks. A funnel on the other side guides the heated air up and out of the system. Here is a picture of the funnel, you can see it at the top of the picture-

And a picture of the fan in front of the power supply-

The fan won't turn on often, because in reality the amp doesn't get super hot very often anyway, so that is a plus.

Here is another view of the top of the receiver, pardon the flyers littering my table-

The power supply has a shielded plastic cage around it to reduce magnetic interference. And just as well the processor and DACs are shielded on the far right side of the receiver.

I give the Yamaha HTR-5890 a 4/5 on construction, because the case could be better built case would have been nice, but in this price bracket who's complaining?

More to come...

Last edited by a moderator:
Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Assimilation of the HTR-5890

First some pictures-

There it is in the system, all is right again.

Musically it performs much better than the Fisher. It is also much more powerful.

yettitheman

yettitheman

Audioholic General
When I get my room cleaned up.. I'll get some photos for you :p :D
In the meantime....:rolleyes:

D

Dizastical

Audioholic Intern
great review! i have been eyeing this for a little while now.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I haven't finished the review yet, once I get my sub fixed I will.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis