Yamaha DSP-A1 NO A/B Speaker Selector? HELP!

L

Lynch

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Does anyone have any experience with a Yamaha DSP-A1 and hooking up multiple zones. &nbsp;I didn't realize that this unit does not have an A/B speaker selector until I had my house wired and speakers in place. &nbsp;Now I'm slightly confused. &nbsp;Do I buy a new unit or is there some type of &quot;work around&quot;? &nbsp;Thanks for any help.</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>You can try the speaker selector switch from Niles Audio. There are models which would allow you to control multiple number of speakers.</font>

L

Lynch

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I think that is a great plan; however, the A1 doesn't have an A/B switch. &nbsp;I believe I need the A/B switch in order to run the Niles speaker selector. &nbsp;Please correct me if I am wrong. &nbsp;I assumed that I would have to plug the speaker selector into the &quot;B&quot; side and switch to the &quot;B&quot; side when I wanted to use my speaker selector. &nbsp;I would then use the &quot;A&quot; side for listening to my main setup in the living room. &nbsp;

That probably made things as clear as mud? &nbsp;Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks for the response!</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>Connect your A output to the Niles speaker selector and control all your speakers with the speaker selector. Hope that helps.</font>

L

Lynch

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Thanks for your thoughts! &nbsp;I'll probably end up doing just that. &nbsp;I'm going to have to upgrade sometime...the RX-Z1 is looking pretty tempting.</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>Wait till November when Yamaha unleashes the succesor to the RX-Z1. It will then become a great bargain and go for under $1500. &nbsp;
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Lynch

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Have they already released information about this successor?</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>Is it not true Yamaha only releases a flagship every two years? &nbsp;So November would be ahead of schedule. &nbsp;However, I also heard Yamaha was falling behind in sales on the high cost receivers, so maybe they do want to get that feature added? &nbsp;

Something about the market perception of no 7.1 when everyone else has it.

Rob</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis