Yamaha B-2 -Left Channel Meter Doesnt Move

G

Group_er

Audiophyte
Would anyone be able to help me try and fix my old yamaha b-2?
My left channel meter doesnt want to move!
But I do have sound coming from the left channel.
I have taken the top cover, and the front cover off. It apears the right channel meter is getting aprox .24 volts (and works fine)
And the left channel meter is getting 0.0 volts.

I have tried switching between input 1 and 2 with the same issue.
Is anyone able to help me out, step by step?

Thanks in advance to everyone!
Alan

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Would anyone be able to help me try and fix my old yamaha b-2?
My left channel meter doesnt want to move!
But I do have sound coming from the left channel.
I have taken the top cover, and the front cover off. It apears the right channel meter is getting aprox .24 volts (and works fine)
And the left channel meter is getting 0.0 volts.

I have tried switching between input 1 and 2 with the same issue.
Is anyone able to help me out, step by step?

Thanks in advance to everyone!
Alan
The voltage sounds low. How did you measure it? The meter signal should reflect the output signal and vary accordingly, however it will be fed from an amplifier that is fed a rectified version of the output. You need to check it with the meter set to DC not AC. The meter used when testing anything inside the case of a solid state device needs to be a high impedance amplified device, otherwise damage is easily done. Do not use cheap non amplified meters ever, inside the case.

Now you can check the meter by disconnecting the lead in wires and applying a small voltage and see if the meter deflects. You can use a 1.5 volt dry cell and make contact briefly. If the meter deflects it is OK.

If the meter is OK, then the amplifier and or rectifier that feeds the meter is defective. Without the circuit I can't help you further. But at that point you need a signal generator and scope anyway.

Chatta

Chatta

Junior Audioholic
You can recap the power supply board, or test all the diodes, transistors and resistors.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis