Yamaha 3900 multiple inputs question

W

waapwoop

Audiophyte
hi,

I have a Yamaha 3900 receiver, I have my playstation running through it for TV, games and video to my TV.

however sometimes I want to put music on through my ipod. Is there anyway to switch to the music from the ipod, without losing the playstation picture on the tv?

Does that make sense?

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
With all the Yamahas I’ve had, if you switch from a video input to an audio input, the picture from the video input will stay on the TV screen.

So, start with the Playstation’s input, then switch over to the iPod input and see if that does it.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Last edited by a moderator:
W

waapwoop

Audiophyte
Hi, no this doesnt work. When im on bd/hd where i have hdmi from my PS3. I cahnge to tuner, dock or anything else, it removes the picture also. how annoying.

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
The 3800, pg. 43, has the procedure, but nothing in the 3900 manual.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
If you are using rca inputs from the 3.5 mm jack on the ipod, you should be able to select an audio only source, such as CD and still keep you picture, but I'm not sure if this works or not. It used to work on my old RX-V1600. Or you could just copy music to your PS3 hard drive and play music in the background while you play, as long as the game supports it. I know you can do this on the 360, since I do it all the time, except I'm not playing music from the hard drive, it's streaming over the network.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis