Yamaha 2600, DirectTV H20, DVD, and Sony KDS-R50XBR1

K

kjfox

Audiophyte
I am also trying to get a full understanding on how and what is the best video and audio configuration based upon the use of various cables for SD and HD.

Current configuration

Sat Box DirectTV H20 to- Yamaha 2600 with component video and optical cable for audio from H20 to Yamaha 2600
HDMI cable from Yamaha 2600 to Sony KDS-R50XBR1
DVD - component video and Digital CoAx to Yamaha 2600 (No HDMI available on DVD)

With this current configuration are the SD channels being upconverted to 1080i via the 2600? Is 1080i being outputed on the out HDMI connected to the TV? I then assume the TV is converting this to 1080p.

What is the effect of changing the cables on the Sat Box to HDMI ( Sat Box to receiver), from the orginial component and optical cables? Will I lose the upconversion of SD channels to 1080i?

People have also mentioned that I could run cables (which type of cable I am not sure of) from the Sat Box directly to the TV? I am not sure f the TV will upconvert the SD channels? If this is a good option, how do I run the audio cabling?

Just trying to figure out what is best.
Thanks

K

KawRider

Audiophyte
My setup Exactly

I have this exact same setup. I will be hooking it up this weekend. What wiring option did you end up using?

Thanks!

Tim
:)

J

jigar

Enthusiast
I have similar setup but instead of DirectTV i have Dish. Now i want to connect co-axial cable to receiver. How do I do that? If not can I connect coaxial cable to DVD player or VCR and from then to Receiver? will it work? How?

Thanks in advance

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis