W

waxey

Junior Audioholic
:confused: I have a yahmaha htr5490 great receiver but not hdmi. Trying to deceide between rx-v863 or rx-v1800. Have read that 863 does not do vidio upscaling very well or do i need a differant model than these two. ps I like yahmaha don't want to change thanks Waxey

Nemo128

Nemo128

Audioholic Field Marshall
You should think carefully about your video processing needs. Is upscaling critical to you? If so, what kind of TV are you using now? Maybe your TV is more than sufficient for the goal.

As for the 863, I was convinced to buy that receiver before I got my Onyko. I only steered away from it at the time because I caught a great deal on the Onkyo and the video processing is better.

You might want to hit the Receiver section of the forum too. A lot of knowledgable guys over there that can easily help you.

Definitely focus on your video processing needs and you'll make the right choice. :cool:

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
What you should get depends upon what you need. You need to say more about that, along with any price concerns. If money is no object, buy the best. If price does matter, then consider very carefully what you really need the thing to do. With video upscaling, that can take place within the source, in the receiver, in a separate video processor, or in the TV. You only need one of them to do a good job. Paying for all of them to have great video upscaling is a waste of money.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
The RX-V863 is nice, but I would definitely go with the RX-V1800 or the RX-V1900, however keep in mind that when you connect something to an HDMI input, it does not get scaled by the receiver, only the analog inputs are scaled, HDMI is always passed straight through due to HDCP.

K

KODG

Junior Audioholic
yamaha

integra is yamahas' toyota to lexus.

all hdmi & up-scaling, ect.

check ou integra a/v recievers.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Integra is just higher end Onkyo, not Yamaha.

Onkyo TX-NR906

Integra DTC 9.9

Notice any similarities?

Last edited:
W

waxey

Junior Audioholic
yamaha choice

The RX-V863 is nice, but I would definitely go with the RX-V1800 or the RX-V1900, however keep in mind that when you connect something to an HDMI input, it does not get scaled by the receiver, only the analog inputs are scaled, HDMI is always passed straight through due to HDCP.
thanks for info checked the 1800 & 1900 much better as they have 3.1a hemi imputs & should work well with blue ray dvd player whitch i don't have yet. hopefully next few months probably will have to upgrade front speakers as well. only hold up $$$$ waxey

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis