Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gmbflash

Audiophyte
Hi, I am a troll.

I purchased a new Yamaha Rx-V2700 the first week of February 2007. I was able to use this reciever for a whole 15 minutes,before sparks came from the back and the reciever went blank. I had to send the reciever back for repair the next day. I have checked on the repair status several times since then. Yamaha tell me they don't have the part to repair this unit and they have to wait until they manufacture it before they will repair my unit.The last word I recieved was sometime in June. That will be 5 months on a brand new unit. I asked for a new unit ,Yamaha would not help. I am very upset with the way Yamaha has handled this and I would suggest that no one buy Yamaha products because of thier lack of customer service.

Last edited by a moderator:
O

Ohmen

Audioholic
That really sucks. I wonder what would of happened if you had returned it to the store for an exchange. Since it was the first day and all.That would drive me away from the brand also.

anamorphic96

anamorphic96

Audioholic General
Something does not seem right here. Why didn't you return it to the store you purchased it from for an exchange ?

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
Something does not seem right here. Why didn't you return it to the store you purchased it from for an exchange ?
Probably because many electronics include a big yellow postcard that says 'If you have a problem with this unit, don't return it to the place of purchase call 1-800-xxx-xxxx for service'.

If it were me and it died in one day, I'd take it right back to where I bought it regardless of what the packaging says.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
If it were me and it died in one day, I'd take it right back to where I bought it regardless of what the packaging says.
I totally agree. I never deal with customer service if I can just return it and get a new one, unless it's something like a big piece of furniture and they can just send me a screw that was missing. I understand why companies put in those big yellow postcards, but I completely ignore them.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
The OP seems a little suspect (sorry, but it does).

I find it unlikely that their customer service is of that poor of quality. If you don't have a warranty (meaning you didn't get it from an authorized dealer) then you really can't blame Yamaha's customer service.

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
I totally agree. I never deal with customer service if I can just return it and get a new one, unless it's something like a big piece of furniture and they can just send me a screw that was missing. I understand why companies put in those big yellow postcards, but I completely ignore them.
Same here,if i buy something from the big box stores & it gives off magic smoke im taking it directly back,when they ask me why im returning it i say that it's not the right model,i dont bother telling them that it blew up,i know it sounds s#!tty but most manufacturers & stores have the system rigged to screw the little guy & im not giving them the chance to give me any double talk.

I bought a 2.4ghz cordless phone when they 1st came out & paid well over $100,the thing never worked right out of the box,it also came with the standard yellow card & the standard run around for several months,that was my last attempt at honesty with manufacturers or big box stores.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I find that most stores are very leniant in their return policies for all things that aren't media or undergarments (not that I would even think of trying to return either of those). I have returned many items on the basis of "it doesn't work" and I have also returned them on the basis of "I don't like it" either works fine.:D

tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
The OP seems a little suspect (sorry, but it does).
That's the "fishy" I was speaking of. This whole scenario sounds just a little too odd unless it was purchased off the back of a truck... -TD

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
You guys still feeding the troll? Shame on you all! Didn't you see the sign saying Don't feed them?

johnb554

johnb554

Audioholic
I dont like yamaha much myself. I used to have some yamaha tower speakers and they worked great while they actually worked. WHen they broke, it took them about 6 months to repair them and send them back...

I was dissapointed.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Yep. Looks like another drive-by trashing.

What's the status, oh single poster?
I wonder why they let these highly questionable, potentially damaging (to the brand) threads from absolute strangers remain?

If someone's got an agenda, this makes quite easy to do.

B

Brucecg

Audiophyte
Howdie

My name is Bruce and I'm in Houston.
Had an electical power surge that wiped out all my old TV's etc. including 10 year old Toshiba rear projection TV. The old surge protector saved an old Sony Dolby receiver, etc.
So I'm replacing some stuff.
Just bought a Sony 70 inch KDSR70XBR2 and using it with the old Sony receiver but shopping around for a component system. Want it mainly for movies (DVD's and Cable).
Great forum and I'm lurking around learning as much as I can.
Bruce

Thunder18

Thunder18

Senior Audioholic
Welcome to the forum Bruce. This particular thread seem to be on it's last leg though so you may not get too many responses. You can learn a lot from the members in this forum and everyone is very happy to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis