xbox prob's with avr

M

Michael johnson

Audiophyte
no xbox thru AVR

:mad: I cannot get my x-box to run thru my a/v rec :mad: it's really drivin me crazy!... will not run thru front a/v jack's on rec. will not run thru front a/v jack's on comcast cable box... but will run when connected directly to the tv... but then i have only the audio that's produced from the tv... if' any one has any help to offer..i can elaborate on the existing connections for the rest of the system... i am truley about to snap!!!lol

Michael

nibhaz

nibhaz

Audioholic Chief
more info please?

What type/brand of receiver are you trying to hook the xbox up to, and what kind of connection are you trying to make? Are you using the original connector or are you using one of the advanced or hd packs?

M

Michael johnson

Audiophyte
okay... sorry bout the double post...i know i must sound like a 12yo... god i wish i could be 12 again..

I have a denon avr 485. all other component's"dvd,tv.digital cable box" are connected via "component vid" & optical audio for cable box to avr and digital coax audio for the dvd to avr... for the xbox.. it get's moved around here and there so i am using the front "aux " input for connection.. all i am getting is audio from this connection as well as trying the rear "aux" connection on the back of the avr....yet i can connect straight to the tv.. and it all work's fine...

the denon avr is brand new....one other bizare thing i have is that with the cable box off... i still get tv audio from the avr..when tv/dbs input is selected

Michael...

nibhaz

nibhaz

Audioholic Chief
I'll get back to you later...I'm going to play Halo2 team slayer on live right now! You really should consider getting the advanced or hd pack so you can get dolby digital out of your box...so you can tell which direction shots are coming....

M

Michael johnson

Audiophyte
it's not nice to tease.. i have'nt played h2 since i bought this new denon... if you want, get back to me with a pm.... thanks for your help

Michael

nibhaz

nibhaz

Audioholic Chief
Clint DeBoer said:
This is a routing issue thru the AVR.
I couldn't agree more!

Well I'm not familiar with Denon set up prcedures, but I just looked over the manuel for your receiver. From what I've gathered here are some things you may need to consider or check.

First of all by using the front connectors you are using a composite video connection. Since your AVR does not appear to offer up-scaling of video inputs that means you need a composite video out connection between your AVR and your TV. The current component connection to the TV will not carry the composite connection you're feeding it through the front aux connection.

Secondly you may have to go into your AVR's setup menu to assign the proper video and audio input's to a particular function (input selector) button such as AUX button on your AVR. In doing so you would need to assign the AUX button to receive its inputs (audio and video) from the from the front aux inputs. Then in order to pass the video signal along to the TV you are going to have to assign the video output for the AUX button using one of the composite connections available on the rear of your AVR.

Hope this helps...if you have more questions post again.

Last edited:
nibhaz

nibhaz

Audioholic Chief
As an after thought...you really should consider getting the HD pack for home use. The component connection will allow you to utilize the current component connection you already have running to the TV and the use of the optical audio connection will allow you to use the Dolby Digital capabilities of your Xbox. This is extremely useful in games such as Halo2 because you are able use your ears to orientate yourself on the battle field. Instead of just hearing a battle near by you instantly know if it's behind you or off to the right or whatever, thus making your next move more intelligently.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis