Xbox 360, PS3, or Nintendo Revolution

Which console??

• Total voters
Tsunamii

Tsunamii

Full Audioholic
XBox 360 all the way, all reserved and ready to go. I just hope it has a direct DVI or HDMI connection rather then the conversion cable. Truth be told when PS3 is out for awhile and the price drops Ill pick that one up too.

J

jmgillespie

Junior Audioholic
I'll end up with all 3 but will enjoy the ps3 the most because of GTA, Tiger Woods (yes it comes out for all systems but controls are better on ps), final fantasy, need for speed most wanted and underground 3, tony hawk (as long as its not like the last one). Xbox 360 next because halo 3, star wars rotor 3, madden (like the controlls better for this one). Nintendo last because of less games I like and period, worst controller, and they will probably do something stupid like use a cartridge or regular dvd drive and no hd capability (haven't looked at the stats for this system) the games I like they will bring out are Zelda, Mario (hopefully something like 64's), and Mario kart.

N

no man

Audioholic
apearantly the revolution is going to have full online and they're going to let you download all the n64 and snes classics, ps3'll have SOME, not many, ps1 games out for download.....xbox i doubt they're going to do that 'cause they havnt been out long as ps or nintendo.

is xbox360 goining to have need for speed most wanted and underground 3? kuz i want it...if not ill get it for computer...PS3 HAS BOOMERANG CONTROLLERS....they're so sad and pathetic, look very uncomfortable.

Last edited:
N

no man

Audioholic
all the husle and busle about the ps3 and its last in the polls..i think the price is the thing that will drive people away from buying it..and its adaptivity and customizability, unlike the xbox 360, very customizable..

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
no man said:
all the husle and busle about the ps3 and its last in the polls..i think the price is the thing that will drive people away from buying it..and its adaptivity and customizability, unlike the xbox 360, very customizable..
plus the 360 is coming out about 6 months before so if you are willing to fork over a couple hundred to get it, whos going want to do it all again to get the ps3, not I

N

no man

Audioholic
well some people are gameaholics and have extra cash to blow so they would get other systems..i wouldn't. I'd get one and stick with it, unless it really sucked and then i'd sell it and get another but who knows

N

no man

Audioholic
jetyi83 said:
im goin for the ps3.. blue ray is the new disc, how can you hate sony when they are responsible for leading everyone into new better technologies. If they hadnt started up blue ray we'd be stuck with hd-dvd because toshiba?? was too cheap to use differnt machinery, and could only fit 30 gigs onto their new media.

xbox 360 is going to use the outdated regular dvd.. 9 gigs max compared to 50? i wonder which games will be better...

sony also has better games.. ffx, god of war, etc plus the ps2 slim is awesome.

im actually playing ff7 right now and its still cool.. ps1 game.

360 does come out way sooner than ps3 though, 360 is supposed to be this year i think.. and ps3 a year from now. if i remember right

an older post but i felt like taking a stand for microsoft (those basterds..)

microsoft probably will switch to a better disk to keep up with the competition..

about the games thing..no system really has better games..it matters on what kind of games you like. alot of the games will be for all the systems like splinter cell and such so it won't be all the much of a diff, unless you've got 2 1018p huge *** tv's..stupid pointless feature if you ask me..unless you've got money flying out you're wazu then i guess you'll like it but for the general population...pointless..

N

no man

Audioholic
hahaha this is rich....sony's target audience for the ps3 is NOT THE AVERAGE HOUSEHOLD!!! then who's going to buy it? Sony warned that the ps3 would be "expensive"...hmmm the predicted price for the xbox 360 is about US$299, the ps3..i'm guessing ouver US$500.

J

Jedi2016

Full Audioholic
no man said:
hahaha this is rich....sony's target audience for the ps3 is NOT THE AVERAGE HOUSEHOLD!!! then who's going to buy it? Sony warned that the ps3 would be "expensive"...hmmm the predicted price for the xbox 360 is about US$299, the ps3..i'm guessing ouver US$500.
You really love posting old news, don't you? I come here, I see a new post, think it might actually be new information, and all I see is you overly excited about something the rest of us read a month ago.

Oh, and the estimated price for PS3 is $399. That's what's actually being reported, anyway.. I've noticed a tendency for Microsoft fans to continually inflate the cost of the rival system.. I've heard rumored prices as high as a thousand dollars. Look at it realistically, please.

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
Jedi2016 said:
You really love posting old news, don't you? I come here, I see a new post, think it might actually be new information, and all I see is you overly excited about something the rest of us read a month ago.

Oh, and the estimated price for PS3 is $399. That's what's actually being reported, anyway.. I've noticed a tendency for Microsoft fans to continually inflate the cost of the rival system.. I've heard rumored prices as high as a thousand dollars. Look at it realistically, please.
Well, realistically the PS2 I think was started at 400, so there is no way the PS3 will start that low, plus its so advanced there is no way they can release it anywhere close to $400 w/o losing a lot of money, which they could, but I dont see that happening. The 360 is going to stomp it anyway so it doesnt really matter, as long as I can get Grand Theft Auto on the Xbox I dont see a need for the PS3

J

Jedi2016

Full Audioholic
Spiffyfast said:
Well, realistically the PS2 I think was started at 400, so there is no way the PS3 will start that low, plus its so advanced there is no way they can release it anywhere close to $400 w/o losing a lot of money, which they could, but I dont see that happening. The 360 is going to stomp it anyway so it doesnt really matter, as long as I can get Grand Theft Auto on the Xbox I dont see a need for the PS3
PS2 launched at $299. As did the PS1 before it. And don't forget all those same "analysts" who predicted a $500 launch price for PSP.

And yes, they'll take a loss on the console at launch. ALL manufacturers do, it's been that way for years. Hell, Microsoft is still taking a loss on the Xbox.

I find your "360 is going to stomp it" comment amusing. I think they said the same thing about Xbox, and it's still being outsold 4-to-1 by PS2. If Microsoft can bump that number up to 3-to-1, or maybe even 2-to-1, come next-gen, they'll be in pretty good shape compared to the current generation. But matching or outselling PS3? Highly unlikely.

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
Jedi2016 said:
I find your "360 is going to stomp it" comment amusing. I think they said the same thing about Xbox, and it's still being outsold 4-to-1 by PS2. If Microsoft can bump that number up to 3-to-1, or maybe even 2-to-1, come next-gen, they'll be in pretty good shape compared to the current generation. But matching or outselling PS3? Highly unlikely.
Because the PS2 was launched how long before? Having an established product to the market before your competition can get it there is a huge competitive advantage with anything. Just from ppl I know, no one is planning on buying the PS3 at all, the Xbox comes out earlier and its online gaming is leaps and bounds better because they are expanding on the Xbox Live system already in place that is great.

J

Jedi2016

Full Audioholic
Actually, if you look, you'll find that neither Playstation system was first to market. Saturn launched before PS1, and Dreamcast launched before PS2. Being "first" means nothing. And the "newcomer" argument won't work either.. PS1 dominated back in '96 when it was the "newcomer" as well.

The online argument is worthwhile only to those who play online every chance they get. Me, I don't play online. I have very little interest in it. And the best games over the last few years have all been single-player offline games. Fact is, online isn't near the "second coming" that people seem to believe. Microsoft is always touting on about it's online service, yet it neglects to mention that fewer than ten percent of Xbox owners play online. In fact, Playstation 2 has more people online than Xbox does (roughly five million or so, compared to Xbox's two million).

Add to that that PS3 will most likely have a very Xbox-Live-esque online community as well, and that one last advantage may go bye-bye.

Playstation has dominated the market for the simple reason that it has all the games that people want to play. Xbox has more power, yet it's outsold 4-to-1. Xbox has a much better online service, and yet it's outsold 4-to-1. Goes to show you what people care about in their game systems, eh? And contrary to popular belief, Playstation 3 will still have all those great games.

Bottom line: I'm not going to convince you to buy a PS3. And you're not going to convince me to buy an Xbox360. But can we at least agree to post FACT and not OPINION or SPECULATION?

Buckle-meister

Audioholic Field Marshall
Doesn't anybody think it odd that whilst the discussion centres around a 2-horse race between the PS3 and XBox360, the poll shows that it's even-stevens pretty much, with around a third to each of the three manumacturers?

Regards

p.s. I currently have the GameCube, but only because I love Zelda games which, naturally, are only available on Nintendos.

N

no man

Audioholic
well the xbox is dominating by about 30 votes, anyway, the ps3 did come out in 2000 so comparing it to the xbox in units sold is unfair, comparing it to the dreamcast isnt fair either because, well it kind of sucked and not many people were interested in it (plus it had a 2 year battery, which has its ups and downs). i'm not trying to convince anyone, well we all are, we back up our opinions with facts and the console we talk most about is the one we're influencing other on.

the xbox currently does have a better online network than ps2, the xbox 360 comes with silver or gold or some xbox live thing already on it so you don't have to run and get it, the subscription i don't really know about, you may get a few months free (maybe 6 months but i'm not sure, double check- i will and i'll get back on this, unless someone else gets the info first). i think the xbox 360'll have better online features than ps3.

games are the key to which system wins, well profit wise, most money comes from games, as you already know all companies loose money on the system, but regain it and more from games. it really doesnt matter what console you get out of the two (well i'm exculding the revolution due to the lack of information on it) because they'll both have relitively the same amount of games, but sony has more sport games and the xbox has more action games and halo(2)-singling it out because its a very popular game(s) and i personally really like it (halo 2-beamswords..pretty much the main reason i'm getting the xbox 360, halo 3)-i don't know if that trend is gonig to continue with the new systems, gamecube has happy little kiddey games...hope that dies out in the revolution, is that why its named "the revolution"??

one of the main thing that pushes me away from the ps3, aside from -POSSIBLE- high price, is the controllers, ive said this before but...they really bug me, they look like boomerangs, seriously..and the xbox 360 has a nicer exterior..

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
P3, because its games will now ONLY be for it

the new P# is a better "computer" then the xbox, and nintendo revolution.

But the main thing over looked is the technology. P3 uses a cell proccessor, and it doesn't run under the x86 standard set up like EVERY computer device made. Thusly, the games for P3, will ONLY be for P3. And because it has the best games.... well, i think the answer is obvious.

sheep

Buckle-meister

no man said:
...gamecube has happy little kiddey games...
HaHaHa! I know what you mean, but it's only Nintendo's own games that are 'happy little kiddey games'; Prince of persia and Metroid Prime are two that I would have to classify differently.

And anyway, even if the likes of Zelda looks 'kiddey', it still involves a bit of thought to solve the various puzzles.

Regards

Tsunamii

Tsunamii

Full Audioholic
Sheep, If Sony comes out with PS3 in 2007, with a heafty price tag (1k or so) what happens to your judgement. Cell Processor tech has yet to be proven in the field, granted sounds very cool more then 3 times as fast as a PC today but what will that be in 2007? There are alot of tech items in history that on paper are better then the other but that does not mean that it will out sell or win any market share. Its anyone guess what will happen on this next line up.

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Since Black Fridays is looming closer and closer, has there been any word on an official street-date for any of the three game machines?

Tsunamii

Tsunamii

Full Audioholic
For 360 it has been said if "all goes right" (Time Mag) then Thanksgiving. The last I heard on PS3 was that they have 2 strategies one if Xbox does well (then get it out ASAP) the other if it does not (the 2007 was the date tossed out)....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis