Xbox 360 hd dvd player

FierceTIMbo17

FierceTIMbo17

Audioholic
Anyone got one yet? I got one yesterday from Gamestop. Came with king kong for free. It looks pretty good, and looks to output 1080p. Only thing is i cannot figure out how to get it to decode DTS. I play arround with it a little more

Zer0beaT

Zer0beaT

Junior Audioholic
I'm definately going to be getting the HDDVD addon so I'd love to hear your impressions.

I already have an Xbox 360 so $200 for a next gen player seems like a good deal.

I don't own an HDTV yet though but will be buying one on Boxing Day (Dec 26).

The only downside with the 360 HDDVD is that it can't do the "next-gen" audio codecs because it lacks both HDMI and multichannel analog I/O

But the reason I want the 360 HDDVD is because to me it seems like a really good temporary HDDVD solution for not too much cash, I don't want to invest any more than that considering universal players may be coming out as soon as next year and dedicated players will only get better and cheaper. I figure I can spend $200 now, and maybe a year or two from now models as good or probably better than the current Toshiba should only be $300 or less anyway, meaning I got 2 players for the price of one in the end :D

Anyway, good luck with the DTS issue you're having and let us hear some more on the HDDVD drive!

M

McED

Enthusiast
Ps3

Has anyone bought a PS3 yet? I'm wondering whether or not I should buy a PS3 or an XBox. I want to hook them up to my OPPO combo. I appreciate any feedback!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis