Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Is this worth it, or should I just play the games on the PC? This local store is running a sale for another week.

xboxweasel

xboxweasel

Full Audioholic
Depends. Do you prefer PC or console gaming. I am a console fan myself. Comfy sofa. Big screen. Awsome sound. Multi player. And my PC is not exactly a hard core gaming machine. A few hundred for a console and that plus more for a good video card. :D

Wafflesomd

Wafflesomd

Senior Audioholic
Im exaclty the opposite, I have a very powerful gaming pc, so I prefer pc over console.

Though I cant wait for the Wii.

majorloser

majorloser

PC Gaming is Nice

...but it sure is nice to play on a big front projection screen :)

And you don't have to deal with a keyboard.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
xboxweasel said:
Depends. Do you prefer PC or console gaming. I am a console fan myself. Comfy sofa. Big screen. Awsome sound. Multi player. And my PC is not exactly a hard core gaming machine. A few hundred for a console and that plus more for a good video card. :D
Console. I'm big on surround sound. I haven't been into gaming since Play Station 1, Hot Shots Golf and Gran Turismo - yeah, I'm showing my age. I'm ready to get back into it, and at that price, how can I go wrong? The picture was stunning at my local BB today. It seemed they had the same games available as they did for PS2. Knowing my cheap @ss, I won't spend the big bucks for PS3 or Nintendo Wii for another few years. Plus, my PC wasn't built, it was bought as a package so I'm sure the sound/video cards aren't up to snuff to play intense pc games.

What's the Wii msrp BTW come 11/19/06?

What games do you recommend to start out?

Update - I didnt' know the Nintendo system was going to be $249! Wow. I'm assuming this is HD 1080p? I'm not up on this system - reading it now. Waffle, fill us in.

Ugh...480p. What's up with that?

Last edited:
Thunder18

Thunder18

Senior Audioholic
The Wii won't be in HD, but the 360 can ouput at least 1080i if not more.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
So if I get this XBOX 360 for $199, I get a composite connection - which means I don't get the pic in HD. Geezus. WTF is up with that? Can you get a cheap component cable at ebay?

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
Buckeyefan 1 said:
So if I get this XBOX 360 for $199, I get a composite connection - which means I don't get the pic in HD. Geezus. WTF is up with that? Can you get a cheap component cable at ebay?
Its completely worth it to get the premium package, with the premium you get a wireless controller, its so cool to turn it on and off from the couch. You also get the hard drive so you don't have to worry about running out of space on the memory card. Plus you also get the HD cable for the system. It's a much better deal.

There is also a rumor of an update to allow 1080p coming in the next few months to go along with the addition of the confirmed hd-dvd player kit

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Have fun playing a FPS with a controller. Computers are already HD, you can get Surround sound for them, and you can hook them up to a giant TV/projector.

BTW, Have fun surfing the net, talking on forums, buying stuff, doing bills, and burning/downloading music with an Xbox.

OWNED.

SheepStar

mikeyj92

mikeyj92

Full Audioholic
Taking money out of the equation, a PC is best for FPS gaming, and FPS gaming only, imo. The problem is, you really have to keep up on your graphics card and processor every couple of years to play the latest and geratest PC games. A pretty decent graphics card alone will easily run you more than the $300 for the premium 360.

The 360 and PS3 will be THE console systems for the next 10 years (at least) imo. The Wii, although interesting, is not a HD system and I think that is a major flaw by Nintendo. Hooking that up to a big screen HDTV will render it blocky and very "gamey" looking, whereas the PS3 and 360 will look gorgeous on the big screen, especially when compared to their eirlier PS2 and Xbox models on the same screen.

Definitetly pay the extra 100 to get the premium system if you choose 360, you get $190 worth of stuff for $100, pretty good deal.

C

cheapskete OCer

Audioholic
i own a now out of date pc:rolleyes: amd 2ghz/ nividia 6600gt x 2 (sli)/1 gig ram....farcry/halflife 2/fear all awsome IMO....my pc was not cheap to build...i also have a 360 :D ...get the premium ..besides the hard drive...wich you really want the space for the free demos of alot of cool games and other things,the componet cables,and the wonderful wireless controller, man i love that thing...although the wired controller that comes with the core system plugs right into the pc and works better than any controller ive used for the pc, 720p 1080i on my 55" mitshu ..and with a nice surround system...sometimes i feel a wet spot in my pants :eek: ...all im saying is if you already have a hd tv..300 bucks on a gaming console like the 360 is well worth it... dont forget about xboxlive...it has never been easier to hook up with a friend on a server and talk crap while gunning their *** down...ok im done....XBOX 360
call of duty 2../burnout revenge/fightnight round 2/dead rising...sweet games..and you should see whats coming out before the end of the year http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/index/xbox-360/ there are sweet HD vids on this site for free...no registration

Last edited:
C

cheapskete OCer

Audioholic
i forgot to mention elder scrolls OBLIVION..that game is unreal

ivseenbetter

ivseenbetter

Senior Audioholic
Yeah...but what about FPS? It's harder on the console. I don't like harder games.

The 1080P upgrade isn't a rumor. It is happening.

C

cheapskete OCer

Audioholic
i dont think its harder on a console...i like using both analogs to move and aim...besides the guy on the other end is using a controller too

majorloser

majorloser

Sheep said:
BTW, Have fun surfing the net, talking on forums, buying stuff, doing bills, and burning/downloading music with an Xbox.
All things I don't want to do while lounging back in my theater recliner chairs. A keyboard is a PITA.

ivseenbetter

ivseenbetter

Senior Audioholic
cheapskete OCer said:
i dont think its harder on a console...i like using both analogs to move and aim...besides the guy on the other end is using a controller too

I agree wholeheartedly. Sarcasm doesn't translate well sometimes. I was mainly saying that as a friendly tease to the PC fan club. :D

N

Nuglets

Full Audioholic
PC is only good for FPS? Try flying an airplane with a controller on a console. I can do it on my PC thanks to Flight Simulator, a yoke, and rudder pedals. How about real time strategy games like Age of Empires...that would be pretty lame on a console trying to scroll around a map with analog sticks and selecting guys to command around. One game that I can play well on a console is GT4 for PS2 with a racing wheel, but there is also a better game for PC called GTR. Anyways, I can't stand any games on XBOX 360 and hate the gameplay and the graphics of every game I've played. I hope that the PS3 is a much better console than the XBOX 360 or I definately won't be buying it. Just my 2 cents.

C

cheapskete OCer

Audioholic
yes that will work...its not the wireless controller or the component cables or the media remote (if there still including that) that you need worry about...although its a great bonus...its the hard drive.....trust me you will be kicking yourself in the *** later when you realize you cant download crap ...oh ...i probably forgot to mention ..if you dont get the premium you have to buy a memory card...i dont know what they cost now ..but when i got my 360 at launch i got stuck with a core system cause thats all that was in...so i had to turn around and pay 40 bucks for a 256MB mem card.(useless).....i think 30 for the component cable..:mad: i was pissed

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis