X-Men Apocalypse - A very breif Summary

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
It's better than Fantastic Four, that is about the only good thing I have to say unfortunately. I wish Fox would just let Disney have their characters back,

It's almost as bad as making Captian America a Hydra Spy in his rebirth comics storyline.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Personally, I'd rate this one of the worst Marvel movie to date, on par with the Eric Bana Hulk.

Quicksilver stole this movie with Nightcrawler not far behind.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
That bad huh? Well, at least I know not to go see it in the theater now.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
That bad huh? Well, at least I know not to go see it in the theater now.
Let's just say I'll buy pretty much any Blu-ray with action and sound, even Green Lantern. This, and the new Fantastic four don't warrant shelf space.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Action cgi heroes? I have stopped buying them. I'd sooner watch a chimpanzee washing a cat than buy another waste of money bluray near field remixed on tiny speakers that have no standards.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I enjoyed it. I also enjoyed Captain America Civil War.

X-Men Apocalypse is not among the best, but still pretty enjoyable.

It's not about vengeance like Captain America Civil War. It's about a mutant with way too much power who wants more power, which is as lame as a storyline about vengeance.

But I did enjoy both X-Men & CA.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
From a story perspective and plot, I thought Captain America Civil War was just plain stupid. I really hated the story line. On a +ve side, Antman and Spiderman were hilarious and the airport fight scene was pretty cool.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Both Civil War and X-Men Apocalypse had their moments. I enjoyed both for what they were. I didn't think either was particularly bad though.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
From a story perspective and plot, I thought Captain America Civil War was just plain stupid. I really hated the story line. On a +ve side, Antman and Spiderman were hilarious and the airport fight scene was pretty cool.
I agree 100%.

I thought Spiderman & Ant-man helped a lot.

I agree that the storyline was just stupid.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Both Civil War and X-Men Apocalypse had their moments. I enjoyed both for what they were. I didn't think either was particularly bad though.
Yeah, I enjoyed both movies. I thought both movies are better than most movies out there.

But if I had to pick one story over the other, I would pick the Apocalypse story over Civil War. :D

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah, I enjoyed both movies. I thought both movies are better than most movies out there.

But if I had to pick one story over the other, I would pick the Apocalypse story over Civil War. :D
I would pick both over Batman & Superman :eek: (
So does Rotten Tomatoes
27% / 66% Batman
48% / 73% X-Men
90% / 91% Captain America

Bruce Wayne is all over the Vengeance Plot.

I guess my knowledge of the characters through the comic plot of Civil War helps, but the vengeance plot in that movie is really secondary to the main plot (which also mirrors BvS) How will society deal with Super Powered people, should government have control, should they be able to govern themselves, and what is the impact when you have strong disagreements on ideals between the Uber People.

To Quote another movie:

"Who Watches the Watchmen?"

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I would pick both over Batman & Superman :eek: (
So does Rotten Tomatoes
27% / 66% Batman
48% / 73% X-Men
90% / 91% Captain America

Bruce Wayne is all over the Vengeance Plot.

I guess my knowledge of the characters through the comic plot of Civil War helps, but the vengeance plot in that movie is really secondary to the main plot (which also mirrors BvS) How will society deal with Super Powered people, should government have control, should they be able to govern themselves, and what is the impact when you have strong disagreements on ideals between the Uber People.

To Quote another movie:

"Who Watches the Watchmen?"
Yeah, BvS has that vengeance element as well. But Batman's fight with Superman was transient compared to Civil War. And Batman was never best friends with Superman.

It seems to me the entire CA Civil War movie was about vengeance and best friends hurting and beating up best friends. I hate that - brothers vs brothers, friends vs friends, etc. Good guys should always be beating up and killing the evil bad guys, not their best friends. :D

And BvS just seemed very different than most comic book hero movies. It was not perfect by a long shot (although I really enjoyed it).

It's true that what I ENJOY and what is Great Writing/Story may be different. Just like how I really enjoyed Pride and Prejudice and ZOMBIES. :D :D

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
"Superman was transient compared to Civil War. And Batman was never best friends with Superman."

Batman almost killed Superman, intentionally, crossing a line no good guy is supposed to. It may have been a short time, it was not comparative to the battles that took place in Cap. Batman came with the intent to kill Superman. Even while Marvel were fighting each other, No one was intentionally trying to kill the other, even making jokes about it during the fight scenes, with the exception of Winter Soldier and Iron Man who were never "brothers"

"Good guys should always be beating up and killing the evil bad guys, not their best friends." :D

Using this same logic, I really don't see the differentiator in BvS. Both are good guys, but their methods are quite difference and through a set of events and circumstances, they become enemies.

Ok way too much time overthinking a comic movie on my part, in the end I think the only SuperHero movie we agree on is Watchman, because that IMO was one of the best...but weren't they all friends who ended up fighting each other ;)....still a great movie

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
"Superman was transient compared to Civil War. And Batman was never best friends with Superman."

Batman almost killed Superman, intentionally, crossing a line no good guy is supposed to. It may have been a short time, it was not comparative to the battles that took place in Cap. Batman came with the intent to kill Superman. Even while Marvel were fighting each other, No one was intentionally trying to kill the other, even making jokes about it during the fight scenes, with the exception of Winter Soldier and Iron Man who were never "brothers"

"Good guys should always be beating up and killing the evil bad guys, not their best friends." :D

Using this same logic, I really don't see the differentiator in BvS. Both are good guys, but their methods are quite difference and through a set of events and circumstances, they become enemies.

Ok way too much time overthinking a comic movie on my part, in the end I think the only SuperHero movie we agree on is Watchman, because that IMO was one of the best...but weren't they all friends who ended up fighting each other ;)....still a great movie
I agree with your thought process... Good fighting good over policy just seems dumb.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I think the only SuperHero movie we agree on is Watchman, because that IMO was one of the best...but weren't they all friends who ended up fighting each other ;)
Yeah, you're right. :D

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
It seems to me the entire CA Civil War movie was about vengeance and best friends hurting and beating up best friends. I hate that - brothers vs brothers, friends vs friends, etc. Good guys should always be beating up and killing the evil bad guys, not their best friends. :D
Did you see Warrior?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis