C

chucksrt

Audioholic
I am looking to buy this but I have a question about the second part of the test where you can either build a box, weigh the woofer down with weights or just measure it sitting out. How are you supposed to build the enclosure if that is why you are testing the woofer for in the first place? will any old box work? How are you supposed to weight the woofer down?
thanks,
chuck

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
I am looking to buy this but I have a question about the second part of the test where you can either build a box, weigh the woofer down with weights or just measure it sitting out. How are you supposed to build the enclosure if that is why you are testing the woofer for in the first place? will any old box work? How are you supposed to weight the woofer down?
thanks,
chuck
That is just an alternate method. The standard method is to use a cheap digital postage scale and weigh out some modelling clay and use it to weigh the cone, then enter in the mass you measured to weigh the cone down in the software. For a while, the WT3 was coming with the scale - I don't know if it still does.

-Chris

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
That is just an alternate method. The standard method is to use a cheap digital postage scale and weigh out some modelling clay and use it to weigh the cone, then enter in the mass you measured to weigh the cone down in the software. For a while, the WT3 was coming with the scale - I don't know if it still does.

-Chris
Last time I looked, it was still available, at no charge.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
thanks,
chuck
I thought the driver was to be mounted in a panel to get the parameters, not in a box. I could be wrong but it's worth checking into since any enclosure will affect the measurements.

C

chucksrt

Audioholic
I have the subs mounted in an enclosure already but can i use it for the measurement? at that point will i need to enter any info such as cu. ft. of the test enclosure or does it not matter? also the woofers are DVC do i test each seperatly or do i test them the way it will be hooked up? I don't have a scale and I am not sure what type of putty to use even if i did.

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
I have the subs mounted in an enclosure already but can i use it for the measurement? at that point will i need to enter any info such as cu. ft. of the test enclosure or does it not matter? also the woofers are DVC do i test each seperatly or do i test them the way it will be hooked up? I don't have a scale and I am not sure what type of putty to use even if i did.
You remove them from the enclosure. Just place them so the edge of the basket and magnet are sitting on a carpeted floor and you are not blocking the vent on the back of the motor. Use a standard non-staining modeling putty. You just need some mass that will stick to the cone.

-Chris

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis