Would matching surrounds be any benefit?

P

Phrank

Enthusiast
There are a few good choices in the $150 per speaker price range for surrounds- since I have Infinity Primus fronts and center, would surrounds from the same line get extra consideration because they match?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
There are a few good choices in the $150 per speaker price range for surrounds- since I have Infinity Primus fronts and center, would surrounds from the same line get extra consideration because they match?
Sure, not only do they match but they are presumably of your liking since you use them for mains. They are in your price range probably with the mounts that have been suggested. Bookshelves are easier than in-walls to position correctly and you don't need a degree in drywall to install them which speaks to a different thread but I'm already here.

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
10% because they match
90% because they're dirt cheap :D

P

Phrank

Enthusiast
Thanks, yes I think for the money my fronts and center are great- in fact I did a "mosquito ring tone" test
(for example - Mosquito Ringtones - Download the Mosquito Ring Tone Free)

with my students (I teach H.S.) and I discovered that I can't hear anything over about 14khz anyway. Lows you can kind of "feel" even if you don't hear them but buying pricey speakers that go up into 15khz and beyond is 100% wasted money for me.

My receiver the Pioneer 1014TX as auto setup which works great so unmatched speakers will probably sound pretty good, but I have always read that speakers from the same lineup will crossover and blend more smoothly.

If anyone has any other comments make them for me because I need to jump on the $139 sale price ASAP... like TODAY : )

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Like the others have said, you can't go wrong using surrounds from the same manufacturer and line as your fronts, moreso when the cost is reasonable.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm going with the crowd on this one. :p

I recommend these to mount yoour surrounds. I use them and have never come across a better speaker mounting bracket than these.

AM-40 - Pinpoint mounts

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Matching surrounds is always going to be a benefit. For multichannel music, I'd say it is an absolute, not so much for movies, but I can't think of a good reason why it wouldn't be the way to go. That's why all 5 of my speakers are identical :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Absolutely. Primus surrounds to match the rest of the system. Don't even think about anything else.:D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis