would a rockford fosgate P112S4 12" Punch be a good sub?

annunaki

annunaki

so i found someone who is selling a rockford fosgate P112S4 12" Punch subwoofer for $5, the cone is ripped though but i can do a ghetto repair on it, in the ad they say it is blown but i think they just meant that the cone is ripped so would it be a good sub for a ht?

here is the ad: http://windsor.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-auto-parts-tires-audio-GPS-Blown-P112S4-12-Punch-Fosgate-sub-W0QQAdIdZ235905478

If you can get me the T/S parameters I can let you know if it is worth getting. Then again, that assumes the woofer is actually in working order.

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
well i found out that the cones on them crack alot and they can easily be fixed, but if the voice coil doesnt work, would i be able to fix it?

annunaki

annunaki

well i found out that the cones on them crack alot and they can easily be fixed, but if the voice coil doesnt work, would i be able to fix it?
Perhaps if you know of a way to get voice coil assemblies from Rockford? You would also need the tools to do this as well.

In short, it is not worth it. Find a different sub.

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
well, the guy said the subwoofer works and sent me a pic of the cone and crack in the cone was fixed so im picking up tomorrow probably :D:D:D:D:D:D

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
ok, i just got it and it shakes my house like crazy but it has some flaws.
1 a little bit of the surround is unglued, no big deal
2 the cone looks awful, oh well
but the big problem is:
it sounds like there is something moving near the voice coil, because i had it sitting on the floor while it was playing and it was making some noise but when i flipped it upside down it made a lot more noise and when i flipped it back it still made all of the noise :(

so my questions are:
1. what should i use to glue the surround back on?
2. is there any way i can remove whatever is making the noise?

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
actually im pretty sure theres something in between the cones :( which means i would have to destroy it

rockford2215

Audiophyte
Well, it's possible to burn out a coil if you block the airvent at it's rear while you're pumping it. Maybe that's why it's come loose, who knows.

Either way, the coil sounds nackered and I recon you're wasting your time with it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis