B

Birdman84

Enthusiast
Hi, new to this forum but looking into upgrading my HT. Right now I have an Onkyo 777 and got a real deal on an AT1505 AMP (150Watts high AMP output). The 777 was not powerful enough to drive the XT4 B&W Speakers I have on the front and the ATI brought them to life. I use the pre outs from the 777 to the amp and to the Vela dyne Sub. what I am looking at doing trying to keep the cost below 1000 for this part of the system is a decent pre/pro like the new emotiva that is coming out. leaving 2500$ or so for a decent 46-52 inch Plasma. anyone have any thoughts on a comparable pre/pro or a better way to go. I am using all B&W speakers. Fronts XT4,rears XT2, Center C3 for now.

S

Sounds Good

Senior Audioholic
i have the same reciever (777) i am also in the same boat you are.. well kind of.. i am looking for a sub 1000 reciever but i am leaving it to do all the work. i dont have or have any plans to have an external amp...

i am looking at the integra 7.8 and 6.8, and the onkyo 805. all can be had for around $700 if you shop.

i was kind of thinking since you already have an amp, maybe go the seperats route. outlaw has some really nice affordable stuff and from what i read its is really good. i would even suggest their recievers also... you could get the 990 ($699) with balanced outputs and add one of their amps.. i know they used to ofer package deals...

B

Birdman84

Enthusiast
I don't use receivers but will take a look at the Outlaw brand and see what king of Pre/Pro's they have. I am going to go with separates because sound comes first with me and unless you are willing to spend 5000 for the big stuff out there it is just not worth it to me. After 40 years in running sound all over the country my ears are not the best anymore But can still tell the difference between decent separates and something like the 777 I have now. With all that is out there now finding a good set up to go with what I have started should not be to hard.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis