Wiring for New System PLEASE ADVISE

J

jstroder

Audiophyte
I need help with recommendations for wiring. Interconnects, speaker cables, HDMI cables, everything. Here is a list of my equipment I have put together at the house and am ready for the install.

42" Plasma Pioneer with HDMI
Monitor Audio GR10's Left front, Right front and center
Monitor Audio Gold (CP) Rear Right and Left in ceiling
Yamaha RX-V 2600
Sony DVD- HDMI and upscaling
Monster Power line conditioner
B&W 10" subwoofer

I will be upgrading to Elite 42" or LCD Plasma in the near future as well as upgrading DVD Player if need be. Please help, I have spent some money as you can see putting this equipment together and want to hear the performance capabilites with good wiring and interconnects. Please advise

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
jstroder said:
I need help with recommendations for wiring. Interconnects, speaker cables, HDMI cables, everything. Here is a list of my equipment I have put together at the house and am ready for the install.

42" Plasma Pioneer with HDMI
Monitor Audio GR10's Left front, Right front and center
Monitor Audio Gold (CP) Rear Right and Left in ceiling
Yamaha RX-V 2600
Sony DVD- HDMI and upscaling
Monster Power line conditioner
B&W 10" subwoofer

I will be upgrading to Elite 42" or LCD Plasma in the near future as well as upgrading DVD Player if need be. Please help, I have spent some money as you can see putting this equipment together and want to hear the performance capabilites with good wiring and interconnects. Please advise
I would start at monoprice.com

Make sure you are pretty sure where you place the components so you have a good idea of cable lengths.
14ga speaker wire will do for a good distance, 30ft or a bit more.
Interconnects to powered sub, between components and a video cable, or the optical cable for digital audio.
You may also want to run RGB cable with the HDMI, backup?

J

jstroder

Audiophyte
Thanks. I will look into purchasing these immediately and I will make sure to run the RGB's backup to the HDMI.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis