• Thread starter Roosevelt Langford
  • Start date
R

Roosevelt Langford

Audiophyte
Hey guys I'm a beginner at this whole wiring and install of stereos and I'm trying to put one in my own before I start doing others, I'm having a problem with my colors not matching on my aftermarket harness with the oem harness coming from the car, now I went to walmart and got a Scosche interface and I matches the double din harness that came with the indash, it's not quite matching on the part that connects to the car though, so can anyone help me find or tell me about my wiring in my vehicle it's a 2010 Chevy Malibu LTZ with Bose any info would be greatly appreciated. I posted pics.

Attachments

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hey guys I'm a beginner at this whole wiring and install of stereos and I'm trying to put one in my own before I start doing others, I'm having a problem with my colors not matching on my aftermarket harness with the oem harness coming from the car, now I went to walmart and got a Scosche interface and I matches the double din harness that came with the indash, it's not quite matching on the part that connects to the car though, so can anyone help me find or tell me about my wiring in my vehicle it's a 2010 Chevy Malibu LTZ with Bose any info would be greatly appreciated. I posted pics.
First if all this is not a car forum.

The second issue is that your vehicle has a head unit.

Honestly it is not sensible to change the sound system in these vehicles. Your vehicle is out of warranty, but when you do this it voids all warranty on the vehicle.

There are safety features that go through the radio. These must be preserved.

I have researched your car and only some radios are compatible with your car. A lot of experience is required as you can not install without quite a bit of wire splicing.

Car people do post on these forums and often complain that after changing a radio, they have dreadful noise.

The reason for this is that modern cars, yours included, have high frequency digital voltage regulators. Yours will likely be the same as my 2011 Chevy Equinox. That digital regulator pulses at 8 mega hertz. The upshot is the the electrical bus of modern vehicles is awash in high frequency noise. The stock radios in the head units are specifically designed to cope with this noise.

I can tell you this, that cars these days get trashed beyond repair trying to do what you are doing.

The next issue is, that after installing aftermarket sound systems they are nearly always worse than the stock radio.

My strong advice to you is to return that radio and stop what you are doing immediately.

To all intense and purposes with cars of recent years, the days of changing radios are over.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis