Wireless Headphone extender suggestions?

A

am74Gibson

Junior Audioholic
Hi everyone, I recently got put on graveyard shift, so as a result am up most night all night on my days off. My girlfriend doesn't appreciate me raising the volume on my AV receiver (Marantz SR9300) in the middle of the night.

Well, I suppose I could kick her out, but then I would have to do the housework ;)

So, I was thinking another option would be headphones. I have a KILLER pair of headphones I got for my Ipod (Shure E530PTH...earcanal phones), so thought it would really be cool it I could have a wireless setup....A base station by my AV receiver and a portable receiving unit. A recieving unit that is battery powered so I can carry it around with me would be best. But if there is nothing good out there that is portable, I suppose I could unplug if I had to get up (Taking the earphones out everytime is a hassle) from a "plugged into the wall" type of wireless reciever.

I don't really want to use a wired setup, because sooner or later I will snag the cord and rip the cord off of my small but expensive headphones. :eek:

Has anyone got any suggestions? Of course, I would want something with good quality. Range wouldn't be so important since I would mostly be in line of sight watching movies.

Thanks.

R

RainmanP

Audiophyte
I have been looking for something like this also. The only reasonably priced solution I have found is Koss. You can buy their HB70T transmitter, HB70A AC adapter, and HB60R receiver that works with any headphones. Their online product description for the HB60R doesn't say so, but it uses AAA batteries. Total cost just over $60. You could probably use it to drive a set of amplified speakers for that backyard barbecue, also, though the range is probably a bit limited since it's IR.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis