Winter has come to Cental Florida

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall
It's totally different. When I first moved here the heat was unbelievable. I worked at a wholesale florist, and would eat my lunch in the flower coolers. They are kept at 36*-38*.

Now when the temp drops under 50*. I am freezing.

I went for a swim in my parents pool that year on New Years day. Now I wouldn't even put my big toe into the water. Even if the temperature was 70 outside. :eek:

I was yelling at the dog this morning. Hurry up and Sh!t please!!!

It is COLD outside.
Haha- I'm just giving a little crap :)

Trust me, I understand... my parents moved down a few years ago (Boca, right on the beach). After spending most of their lives in the NYC area and its associated weather they now complain if/when it drops below 50*.

When I was down last year for Thanksgiving it was chilly as well- the nights were in the 40s. I think because it's such an unexpected cold is what makes it so bad.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
North Carolina has been the hot spot. Texas, Kentucky, Tennessee are others.

You've mentioned Texas; my dad has a cousin there; near Austin.
I'll have to check it out on a vacation, one day.
I've been to Dallas (work related)
We want to be driving distance from water. Unfortunately, so does everyone else.:D

N

Nimrod

Audioholic
9 degree's right now with a 20mph (freaking North) wind blowing. Its brutal out there.

Best part is I'm suppose to go Mountain Biking tonight:eek:

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
The Carolinas get pretty hot and muggy in the summertime, maybe even as much or more so than Florida. At least in Florida we have the sea-breeze to help cool us down a bit.

Probably the most temperate of climates is located on the west coast, southern California from what I hear. It seems to stay much more consistent there, if you can live with the earthquakes. :eek:

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
It's totally different. When I first moved here the heat was unbelievable. I worked at a wholesale florist, and would eat my lunch in the flower coolers. They are kept at 36*-38*.

Now when the temp drops under 50*. I am freezing.

I went for a swim in my parents pool that year on New Years day. Now I wouldn't even put my big toe into the water. Even if the temperature was 70 outside. :eek:

I was yelling at the dog this morning. Hurry up and Sh!t please!!!

It is COLD outside.
LMAO:D
Our 5-7day day outlook looks promising? The weather pundits are calling for temps in the 50-60 range:eek:. People around here will be getting out their summer clothes:p.

N

Nimrod

Audioholic
But in Suffolk a police officer makes $100K+. In Viera the sheriff might make $35K. :eek: Who is affording to live better?
A bunch of my friends are Police Officers

Here's their expamlpes

Suffolk Patrolman (east end of LI, Gene) 140K
Bronx Narcotics Officer 15 year(Doug) 80k
Queens Warrents 10 years (Anthony) 70K

Don't look right to me

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
You've mentioned Texas; my dad has a cousin there; near Austin.
I'll have to check it out on a vacation, one day.
I've been to Dallas (work related)
We want to be driving distance from water. Unfortunately, so does everyone else.:D
Purchase a house close to the Rio Grand. I hear it's a popular swimming destination of the people of Mexico. :D

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
A bunch of my friends are Police Officers

Here's their expamlpes

Suffolk Patrolman (east end of LI, Gene) 140K
Bronx Narcotics Officer 15 year(Doug) 80k
Queens Warrents 10 years (Anthony) 70K

Don't look right to me
I hear you. I was excepted into the NYPD (Transit) in 84. If I would have known then, what I know today I would have applied in Suffolk. :cool:

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Hey guys!!!!!!!!!!! I'm back from Montreal/Quebec! Got in on Tuesday, 11:00 pm after delays.:mad:

You think its cold here Mazer?! Try Quebec 0 degrees -11 with wind!:D I'm posting my first time in Canada experience on new thread.:D

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall
Hey guys!!!!!!!!!!! I'm back from Montreal/Quebec! Got in on Tuesday, 11:00 pm after delays.:mad:

You think its cold here Mazer?! Try Quebec 0 degrees -11 with wind!:D I'm posting my first time in Canada experience on new thread.:D
I thought cavemen were impervious to the cold??? :rolleyes:

N

Nimrod

Audioholic
The fur is only so thick, besides I'm a tropical caveman, a bit less hairy than our northern bretheren.:D

@ 1:15 pm its a whopping 14 degree's:) No amount of fur is gonna work:eek: its freaking coldddddddddddddddddddddddd

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
Right now in central Florida, it's warmed up to a downright balmy 48 degrees. :D Nimrod, go huddle with your PB12-NSD - it'll keep you warm! :D

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
It's almost like there is nowhere to go anymore....:(
Don't come to Oregon. An eastern immigration would screw up our low cost of living, low population density, lovely rural settings, moderate weather (except for a hurricane once every decade on the coast :eek:), 4 mild seasons life-style, LOL! ;)

Question....Does anyone in Florida still speak with a southern accent, or is it a New Joisey accent all-around the state now? :)

View from our deck....:D

Attachments

N

Nimrod

Audioholic
Here I come. With my New York accent. How YOU doin'?

Heres the one that always comes me laugh

"I live in Florida".... "I live in Oregon", Etc.

But when you get here "I live on Long Island"

btw, you know what they say; if you don't like the weather here?
"Stick around; It'll change":p

N

Nimrod

Audioholic
Right now in central Florida, it's warmed up to a downright balmy 48 degrees. :D Nimrod, go huddle with your PB12-NSD - it'll keep you warm! :D
I have a wood burning stove at home (and allot of wood), that sucker is going to be roaring tonight

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
I have a wood burning stove at home (and allot of wood), that sucker is going to be roaring tonight
I just hope my wife has my "Ear Muffs" ready for tonight. Keep my ears warm. :D

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Don't come to Oregon. An eastern immigration would screw up our low cost of living, low population density, lovely rural settings, moderate weather.

Question....Does anyone in Florida still speak with a southern accent, or is it a New Joisey accent all-around the state now? :)
Ain't that the truth!

Are you sure? It would only be me, and my wife.
We promise not to say 'Joisey':D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis