noflers

noflers

Junior Audioholic
Despite the warning I'm choosing to design a three way floor standing speaker to match the Philharmonic AA's. If nothing else it'll at least be an intro to the design process even if I decide against building the speakers.

My problem is this: I can't get Winisd to accept the parameters of the 6.5 inch woofer. I have copied all the specs exactly and even tried doing it in various orders, but nothing is working. I get an error message each time saying there are consistency issues.

Does anyone know what I might do to help the situation?

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Despite the warning I'm choosing to design a three way floor standing speaker to match the Philharmonic AA's. If nothing else it'll at least be an intro to the design process even if I decide against building the speakers.

My problem is this: I can't get Winisd to accept the parameters of the 6.5 inch woofer. I have copied all the specs exactly and even tried doing it in various orders, but nothing is working. I get an error message each time saying there are consistency issues.

Does anyone know what I might do to help the situation?

http://imgur.com/U11vSFM

EDIT: I am unable to embed my photos...?
Only put in Fs, Qts, Qtc, Vas, Max Wattage and Xmax. Allow WinISD to put in all the others. If you want a simpler tool my tool is available for free. It will even calculate the box sizes and cut list if you want to use my style of box building. It doesn't have pretty graphing though.

noflers

noflers

Junior Audioholic
Only put in Fs, Qts, Qtc, Vas, Max Wattage and Xmax. Allow WinISD to put in all the others. If you want a simpler tool my tool is available for free. It will even calculate the box sizes and cut list if you want to use my style of box building. It doesn't have pretty graphing though.
QTC? Also, I don't have a max power rating, only rms. Does the rms rating go in the "pe" field?

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Arc? Also, I don't have a max power rating, only rms. Does the rms rating go in the "pe" field?
You can use RMS You don't need arc. You only need those values above to design a speaker. The power rating isn't really necessary unless you are porting.

FWIW 3-ways are all about building around a good midrange so I suggest making that your focus. I use Dayton Domes, Morel makes a fancier dome as well.

If your midrange isn't closed back it will need a separate enclosure space.

noflers

noflers

Junior Audioholic
You can use RMS You don't need arc. You only need those values above to design a speaker. The power rating isn't really necessary unless you are porting.
Sorry, because autocorrect. I meant Qtc, not Arc.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Sorry, because autocorrect. I meant Qtc, not Arc.
Qtc is the sealed box tuning. You wouldn't put it in with the driver itself. But you will use it when you design the enclosure if it's sealed.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis