Wing Shortage Threatens SB Sunday

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan

Chicken wing shortage threatens Super Bowl Sunday - NYPOST.com

The National Chicken Council released a report that said the demand for wings this year is at “an all-time high” due to decreased wing production caused by the high cost of corn and feed prices. Wings are currently the highest priced portion of a chicken and cost $2.11 a pound in the Northeast, up 12 percent from last year.
Edit - Disclaimer: I posted the link for access to the compelling story, not the picture of the Hooters girl:D

Last edited:
lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Wings aren't cheap a bag costs 10 bucks right now.

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
A brewery-restaurant near me had an overdue cost analysis done for them maybe a few years ago. By far, no question, the biggest money loser for them were the buffalo chicken wings. They had to significantly raise the price, as well as offer fewer wings per order. Not a popular move of course, for one of the most popular things on the menu. I wonder what they'll do now, I haven't visited the place in about a couple of years now.

A

ACsGreens

Full Audioholic
Wait, there was a story along with the picture? Man, I could have sworn it was just 2, oh, there it is. Yup, interesting story. I much prefer a smoked wing, Hooters wings are terrible.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
A brewery-restaurant near me had an overdue cost analysis done for them maybe a few years ago. By far, no question, the biggest money loser for them were the buffalo chicken wings. They had to significantly raise the price, as well as offer fewer wings per order. Not a popular move of course, for one of the most popular things on the menu. I wonder what they'll do now, I haven't visited the place in about a couple of years now.
Wings are such a worthless piece of meat in reality that it's crazy how they got so famous. The breast, thighs and legs are all better. Dark meat fried chicken from the hood is the best chicken on earth. If you aren't worried about getting robbed you aren't getting chicken at the right place.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
You are absolutely correct. Chicken wings have poor margins for most restaurants - especially if you are restaurant that doesn't buy/sell them in large quantities. On the other hand one of the biggest money makers for restaurants is mussels.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis